It does my heart good

oldbag

O.G.
Aug 11, 2006
I am not buying any Coach bags for awhile but that does not mean I have stopped looking. Tonight I was trudging through a skyway on my way to the bus stop when a young woman passed me by and on her shoulder was a beautiful whiskey Ali which had aged to a stunning carmel y color. I did not notice any tears, or wearing of the corners. It was stunning! I cannot help myself, when I see a well loved Coach I always feel a little lift. I like the slouches, the slight fading, the tossed around a bit look. The softness of age. These are more than just bags, these are part of someone. :smile:

I am not buying any Coach bags for awhile but that does not mean I have stopped looking. Tonight I was trudging through a skyway on my way to the bus stop when a young woman passed me by and on her shoulder was a beautiful whiskey Ali which had aged to a stunning carmel y color. I did not notice any tears, or wearing of the corners. It was stunning! I cannot help myself, when I see a well loved Coach I always feel a little lift. I like the slouches, the slight fading, the tossed around a bit look. The softness of age. These are more than just bags, these are part of someone. :smile:
Great post!!! Thank you for sharing!:smile:

I am a Coach addict.....I admit it.:cool: Coach offers a fabulous variety, but of everything they've ever done, the 65th Anniversary Legacy Collection is my favorite.....the whiskey vachetta leather in particular! I just love it!

I so know what you mean.

I was at an airport in Chicago (waiting in a neverending security line) when I saw this girl with a gorgeous teal Madison Julianne... and it was actually faded around the corners (typical of the teal Madison leather from that generation) but somehow it looked SO good and vintage-y and slouchy and still had such a strong, saturated color.... gorgeous! It had the perfect amount of slouch, and the leather looked so thick and smooshy, and it was just LOVELY. It made me want to go home and use my teal Sabrina like crazy.

So yeah, I know where you're coming from.

Awesome! I love seeing the timeless designs just as you described. I always smile a little to myself when I see one like this....nobody else would understand. I saw a legacy satchel at a museum once that was just like you described, was a busy mom ushering her little ones around...bag was loved in all the right places. I smiled to myself remembering my kids were that age when the bags came out...kindof nostalgic!