It came; I saw; I returned.

Bagpuss

Dec 30, 2005
I ordered the large Paddington Hobo in the new Whiskey color. I really thought that this was the bag since I like to carry shoulder bags and love hobos. I wanted so badly to like it since it was my biggest purchase to date.:sad2:
Omagosh it was huge, clunky, and heavy. I really think that it could be used as an overnight bag. It just didn't hang right no matter what I tried with it. It's taller than the regular Paddy but the lock's weight causes the center to sag- not like the nice drape that you want a hobo to have. I am really grateful that I could send it back and wasn't stuck with it. Maybe in a smaller size or the regular satchel style would have been better and I should have just put myself on the waiting list. Part of me is glad that that I got to see and feel it in person though, it's really hard to shop sight un-seen and at least now I can cross one off the list.:lol:

yup, i saw those at the bloomies i go to last week, totally horrendous, humongous, hideous, and horrible. UGH. terrible tragedy.

Bagpuss said:
I ordered the large Paddington Hobo in the new Whiskey color. I really thought that this was the bag since I like to carry shoulder bags and love hobos. I wanted so badly to like it since it was my biggest purchase to date.:sad2:
Omagosh it was huge, clunky, and heavy. I really think that it could be used as an overnight bag. It just didn't hang right no matter what I tried with it. It's taller than the regular Paddy but the lock's weight causes the center to sag- not like the nice drape that you want a hobo to have. I am really grateful that I could send it back and wasn't stuck with it. Maybe in a smaller size or the regular satchel style would have been better and I should have just put myself on the waiting list. Part of me is glad that that I got to see and feel it in person though, it's really hard to shop sight un-seen and at least now I can cross one off the list.:lol:

Thanks for the information, and sorry it didn't work out. Any idea what you might get to replace it?

I hate when that happens! I wanted one too but didnt want to buy one without experiencing them in person. I did take a chance on the regular paddington satchel though, which would have been great save for the scratched/dented lock and missing leather.

Bagpuss said:

My hubby bless his heart bought the Hobo for me and I returned it too! Satchel pretty, Hobo not so pretty
:biggrin:

Ugg..how terrible. What are you going to get to replace it?

Oh, and BTW, I just love your kitty? You should post a bigger photo. That is just the cutest, fluffiest cat I've ever seen! =)

Greenie said:
Ugg..how terrible. What are you going to get to replace it?

Oh, and BTW, I just love your kitty? You should post a bigger photo. That is just the cutest, fluffiest cat I've ever seen! =)

Yeah, cute persian. I have one too. :smile: Aren't they great? One thing I love more than purses, CATS! :smile:

That phenom works the other way too - I walked into Nordstrom's today and fell madly in love with a bag I never knew could look so good - wouldn't have given it a second glance if I only knew it from an online view. Sometimes "ya just gotta be there". Glad it will all work out for you.