IT bag yellowing!!

missy_g

Sep 22, 2011
I know all these bags yellow. I made a realization the other day though...
I had a wristlet that was packed in a tote with other bags. When I pulled it out, it was totally yellow.

I had another IT bag that never turned yellow because I always left it hanging on a hook or sitting by itself in the closet, not in a box or anything. It didn't yellow until I packed it.

So I'm thinking as long as the bags get good air flow I suppose, they won't yellow. Any thoughts on this?

That was a problem with the coated bags, but I believe Dooney addressed the problem since then. You can send your bag to them as a trade in so it's not a total loss. Sorry you had problems with the bag.

I'm not sure that anything prevents the gradual yellowing of the white IT bags and accessories. A good air flow certainly couldn't hurt. As Sarah said, Dooney supposedly addressed this problem. Time will tell with the new white Signature bags. I like them but haven't purchased one because of the yellowing problem.

A trade in is definitely the way to go if there is another bag that you are interested in getting. Let us know if you aren't familiar with the program and one of us can post info on it.

Sue

I'm not sure that anything prevents the gradual yellowing of the white IT bags and accessories. A good air flow certainly couldn't hurt. As Sarah said, Dooney supposedly addressed this problem. Time will tell with the new white Signature bags. I like them but haven't purchased one because of the yellowing problem.

A trade in is definitely the way to go if there is another bag that you are interested in getting. Let us know if you aren't familiar with the program and one of us can post info on it.

Sue
I know about the program. I was just wondering if anyone noticed that with the bags when they were packed/left unpacked. I got a new one today at Goodwill for $10. It's really white...so it's either relatively new or just hasn't yellowed yet. I love the white bags with the colored signature, but yes the yellowing is irritating! I had to get rid of my beloved barrel bag because it had started to yellow. I knew about the program then, I just didn't have the extra money to spend on a bag.

If I send in a yellow it bag back to Dooney, will they send me a credit for the amount I paid for the bag. Does it matter if I don't have my receipt?
Thanks

They will give you a credit of one-half the original retail value of your bag toward the purchase of a new bag of equal or greater value. You do not need a receipt.