"It" bag/brand in your city?

Aug 29, 2012
After reading tPF for a while, I've come to see that different areas have different "in" bags or brands.

I thought it would be interesting to start a thread to compare.

In my city everyone carries coach or MK. Usually the Coach signature bags. I tend to stick out a bit as I prefer other brands.

I have seen very few Burberry's. I actually have not seen another Neverfull the whole time I have lived here. I think that is amazing considering in the bigger city that is 15 km from me I see them a bit but there are still more of a rarity. I've seen a few Chanel's as well. Other than that I don't think I've seen many other brands.

Anyway, what is the "it" bag or brand for your area.

Last edited:
We see lots of the chanel classic flap bag in black in the city on any given day. I have the jumbo in caviar and am sometimes embarrassed to be seen wearing it when I see 2-3 other ladies carrying it as well & I look nowhere as good as them :shucks:

LV everywhere. Real, and fake. Some are so bad I'm embarrassed for the person.

LV has been the "it" bag for years here, as in every other person carries one. Sure you'll always see other brands, but LV canvas seems to never go out of style in NYC.

It seems like everyone where I live is carrying Michael Kors lately.

I still see some Coach but not as much as I used to. Occasionally I'll see LV or other premium designers.

In my area, a LOT of LV (I'm not from NY though). I am not sure if there are fakes thrown in the mix though, as I don't have a good enough eye to determine it. I've seen some Marc Jacobs, Celine, Chanel... but LV is the overwhelming favorite here, it seems. The Neverfull in particular is very common around here.

In the areas nearby, I see a lot of Tory Burch, Michael Kors and Coach. There's a Coach outlet in the suburbs (I live downtown) so I think most of the Coach bags are coming from there.

It makes me happy since I hardly see Bals and Pradas around here, so I haven't seen anyone with my exact same bags yet.

Last edited:
Its come and go in London very quickly, ATM, Prada Totes

In Nice, 'its' are still the Birkin, with the Evelyne not too far behind (although both are sure sign the H owner is a non-French tourist)

Here it's a lot of Longchamp, MK, coach and LV. I've never seen anyone with anything Hermes I've seen 2 people with Chanel's and I've seen 2 people with Celine, one was a phantom other was Horizontal Cabas. I am a handbag person and have pretty much all premier designers so I take notice to handbags all the time. I live in a major metropolitan area and we have luxury brand boutiques here but my city is also known as a cow town yet we are home to Limited Brands, Victorias Secret and Express. So I think a lot of people here just prefer contemporary designers

In Helsinki, it seems Longchamp Le Pliage has lots some of its popularity among the teenagers who now seem to be carrying anything but. With 25-35 yr-olds MK totes are hugely popular, as are LV canvas bags (esp. Speedy and Neverfull) and I also see a lot of Mulberry Bayswaters and MBMJ. On the south side - where the big fish swim - you can't swing your Lumi Supermarket bag without hitting at least 3 Chanel flaps. Lumi is a very popular Finnish designer brand and I keep seeing more and more of their bags all the time, especially on women aged 40+. Finns are usually pretty understated in their style and mostly very timid to go outside the box, it shows...

I don't really pay attention to what people here are actually carrying, but Coach, MK and Fossil seem to be the dominant brands in the stores. There are no high-end department stores or boutiques here. You have to go to Atlanta or Nashville.

Designer bags here aren't as popular. Mostly Coach, KS, MK, some LV (fake as well), a few Tory Burch. On only a few occasions, have I witnessed someone carrying an H bag. Some Gucci, Longchamp Le Pliage. Never a Bal. Our weather is dreadful, though, and I have become more conscious about choosing bags that I can carry year round in this climate.