Issue With Brand New Epi Speedy B Denim

frenchyo8

Oct 23, 2013
I am freaking out about what LV will do about the issues I'm having with my brand new Speedy B in denim. Honestly, I didn't think to take pictures of the issue, as I was only a little concerned at first. I had been thinking and thinking about the issues and when I showed the bag to my mom when she came over, she agreed it was best to take it into LV and look at other bags of the same kind to see if it was just normal for that style/leather. We took her in yesterday and she is going to be sent out for an inspection.

Basically, the problem is that there are indents in the leather, due to the fact that the inside lining is not flush with the outside shell (epi leather). I tried stuffing it with airpacks, but can't get the damn indents out! Then when I took it to LV there was some odd color transfer on the bag, I hadn't even noticed and I have only used her ONE TIME!!

Again I'm really sorry I have no pictures of the actual problem, I understand how that makes this post absurd.

My main question/concern is that they will say it's my fault or normal wear and tear and just give it back to me. Which means I will have paid $2,500 + for a defective bag. That idea just makes me sick to even think about. I spend A LOT of money at LV, and I expect great quality and service. So if this happens, I am thinking of being done with LV for good. Selling all my LVs and finding another brand (Fendi, Chanel, or Hermes) and sticking with them moving forward.

What would you do??

First try not to panic. I know it's easier said than done, because it's A LOT of money and it's very easy to freak out. However, you still have no idea of their answer to your problem. Just wait for them to get back at you.
Secondly, I don't think selling your LV bags will do any good, especially if you really like them. I understand the will to stop buying there if you are not able to solve this issue, but the bags you already have have nothing to do with this. Selling them won't make the brand lose money, especially if the people who buy your items would only buy preloved anyway, and it will make YOU lose money and spend more on new bags from other brands.
Try to calm down.
Did you wear this bag with dark denim or something of the sort?

Reactions: sayakayumi
I know this won't make you feel much better, but if you look at old Epi speedies on the pre-loved market, they are full of dents. I just think it's the nature of the bag. If you only wore it once, though, I can't imagine how you already have a bunch of dents in it. I hope they do something for you! I know the impulse to sell off all your LVs after a bad customer service experience - I have had it too. But hold off. There are bags that have less quality issues than others that you can still enjoy. I have had a few bad experiences with DE bags, and I think I've decided to hold off on buying anymore of those ones. But I still will use the ones I have. I've learned what works for me - the tried and true classics like speedy and NF, and I think I'll stick to those in the future. Good luck!

Reactions: frivofrugalista
First try not to panic. I know it's easier said than done, because it's A LOT of money and it's very easy to freak out. However, you still have no idea of their answer to your problem. Just wait for them to get back at you.
Secondly, I don't think selling your LV bags will do any good, especially if you really like them. I understand the will to stop buying there if you are not able to solve this issue, but the bags you already have have nothing to do with this. Selling them won't make the brand lose money, especially if the people who buy your items would only buy preloved anyway, and it will make YOU lose money and spend more on new bags from other brands.
Try to calm down.
Did you wear this bag with dark denim or something of the sort?

I honestly can't remember what I was wearing the day I carried the bag, I do wear a lot of denim, but can't say for sure. Thank you for you thoughts, I appreciate a reply, it makes me feel less alone in the waiting game.

I know this won't make you feel much better, but if you look at old Epi speedies on the pre-loved market, they are full of dents. I just think it's the nature of the bag. If you only wore it once, though, I can't imagine how you already have a bunch of dents in it. I hope they do something for you! I know the impulse to sell off all your LVs after a bad customer service experience - I have had it too. But hold off. There are bags that have less quality issues than others that you can still enjoy. I have had a few bad experiences with DE bags, and I think I've decided to hold off on buying anymore of those ones. But I still will use the ones I have. I've learned what works for me - the tried and true classics like speedy and NF, and I think I'll stick to those in the future. Good luck!

I know I can't understand how this is an issue less then 30 days in to owning a bag, that was kept stuffed when stored and only carried out once. I think it was a day I went to the mall, and it's the part that was against my body. Thank you so much for adding your thoughts on this!!

I am freaking out about what LV will do about the issues I'm having with my brand new Speedy B in denim. Honestly, I didn't think to take pictures of the issue, as I was only a little concerned at first. I had been thinking and thinking about the issues and when I showed the bag to my mom when she came over, she agreed it was best to take it into LV and look at other bags of the same kind to see if it was just normal for that style/leather. We took her in yesterday and she is going to be sent out for an inspection.

Basically, the problem is that there are indents in the leather, due to the fact that the inside lining is not flush with the outside shell (epi leather). I tried stuffing it with airpacks, but can't get the damn indents out! Then when I took it to LV there was some odd color transfer on the bag, I hadn't even noticed and I have only used her ONE TIME!!

Again I'm really sorry I have no pictures of the actual problem, I understand how that makes this post absurd.

My main question/concern is that they will say it's my fault or normal wear and tear and just give it back to me. Which means I will have paid $2,500 + for a defective bag. That idea just makes me sick to even think about. I spend A LOT of money at LV, and I expect great quality and service. So if this happens, I am thinking of being done with LV for good. Selling all my LVs and finding another brand (Fendi, Chanel, or Hermes) and sticking with them moving forward.

What would you do??
Relax first ! LV will take care of you . You said you have been buying from them so they know you are a loyal customer . My experience has always been great with them . I had a problem with my clasp on my PM . They took care of me . I had an issue with glazing on my Emp. Montaigne , same , took care of me . :smile: Dont sweat it ! They will probably offer you a new bag or a store credit . GL

Relax first ! LV will take care of you . You said you have been buying from them so they know you are a loyal customer . My experience has always been great with them . I had a problem with my clasp on my PM . They took care of me . I had an issue with glazing on my Emp. Montaigne , same , took care of me . :smile: Dont sweat it ! They will probably offer you a new bag or a store credit . GL
Thank you, that's what I'm hoping will happen! I am much calmer now that I put this out there and hear from fellow LV lovers to help me calm down.

Thank you, that's what I'm hoping will happen! I am much calmer now that I put this out there and hear from fellow LV lovers to help me calm down.
I'm sure they will help you....are going to exchange for another or do you want a credit for a different bag? I've had to send a couple items back recently that were damaged and no issues. (New pencil case and new noe, just sent the noe back though but I don't anticipate any problems with the exchange)....

I'm sure they will help you....are going to exchange for another or do you want a credit for a different bag? I've had to send a couple items back recently that were damaged and no issues. (New pencil case and new noe, just sent the noe back though but I don't anticipate any problems with the exchange)....

They showed me another Speedy B denim they had in stock and the lining is also not flush with the bag inside, it just kinda floats in there. So if I get store credit I will most likely go for a different bag. I might have to sleep on my next purchase.

I recently purchased the Pochette Metis in Reverse Mono and the Artsy mono with python trim, there's no other bags on my wishlist (new that is, I actually REALLY REALLY want the Artsy in full python but it's practically $15,000. I'm currently stalking a used one online in the Navy color). I have some accessories on my list (Belt in Macassar and Key Pouch in Marine Rouge Empreinte) and so maybe I'll pick those up and see what else calls to me.

Update on my bag. Help!!!!!!!!!

I got a call today and LV is saying that it's my fault because I didn't store the bag properly, which is completely false!!!

They asked me if I kept it stuffed and I said yes, and then they asked me what I stuffed it with, and I said air packs.

They said to try a pillow or a shirt.

I don't see the difference!?!?!? If the lining isn't flush with the outside leather, I'm just stuffing the lining and it won't get the bumps out of the bag.

I am furious and frustrated. What do I do????? Help!!!!!!!!

Regardless of the problem. There is definitely something wrong as they took it for inspection to investigate.....When you go back to the store to pick it up insist on speaking to a manager explain again that you wore the bag only once and no matter how u treated it it shouldn't have resulted in such "horror" as its only been 30 days. Tell them how you feel specially after spending so much money and ask them to do better because their answer is unacceptable!!

There is definitely something wrong as they took it for inspection to investigate

It doesn't mean anything really. Standard procedure for a new bag or new concern raised by consumers that they are not aware of. And they'd rather keep it for further inspection and get a confirmed answer from the repair department than dismiss it on the spot and risk pissing off the frustrating client.