Issue with a package delayed in transit

alyssamay_xx

Oct 26, 2020
Hi! I have a question, I’m dealing with quite an impatient buyer right now on ebay who’s package has been stuck for about a week in the same place , according to usps tracking. I went to the post office to find out what was going on with the package and when it will be delivered and they told me all mail is delayed right now because of the elections which is understandable.
However this buyer is impatient which I understand to a certain extent but the mail truly isn’t in my control and I shipped out the package the same day she bought it.

Now she opened a dispute saying she never got it and I’m wondering if ebay forces a refund and the package arrives after that.. am I SOL? or can I appeal the case?

it’s not a super high value item, about $200 but I’d rather not give someone something for free.

Perhaps reach out to Ebay & explain that the package is in transit & if you used tracking you can
take a screen shot & forward that once the package is delivered.
Buyers have to be rather patient with the elections & the backup of mail as well as packages.

Reactions: alyssamay_xx
Perhaps reach out to Ebay & explain that the package is in transit & if you used tracking you can
take a screen shot & forward that once the package is delivered.
Buyers have to be rather patient with the elections & the backup of mail as well as packages.

I will! And I know right?! I’ve had some things delayed for over a month yet I wasn’t complaining because I know the situation with the elections andcovid

Hi! I have a question, I’m dealing with quite an impatient buyer right now on ebay who’s package has been stuck for about a week in the same place , according to usps tracking. I went to the post office to find out what was going on with the package and when it will be delivered and they told me all mail is delayed right now because of the elections which is understandable.
However this buyer is impatient which I understand to a certain extent but the mail truly isn’t in my control and I shipped out the package the same day she bought it.

Now she opened a dispute saying she never got it and I’m wondering if ebay forces a refund and the package arrives after that.. am I SOL? or can I appeal the case?

it’s not a super high value item, about $200 but I’d rather not give someone something for free.
No, respond to the dispute with the following.

"As indicated by tracking number (fill in number), the package was shipped on (date/time) and is shown on the USPS website as evidence. The postal service has been experiencing delays due to covid as well as the volume of mail-in voting and ebay is aware of delays. Additionally, because of Covid, postal carriers aren't scanning items as frequently along the way to their destination.

Please allow a bit more time in these unprecedented times."

If she escalates, call ebay and remind them of the extended time items are taking and impress on them that there is policy allowing for that.

Once delivered, ebay should automatically remove any dings on your account for lateness as long as tracking shows that you shipped on time and the delay is beyond your control. If it doesn't happen automatically, you can call and get the ding removed.

ETA: I found that in 2 cases where my own shipments were delayed by the post office, the late shipping defects were removed without my having to call.

What a mess! Not sure the total time since you shipped, but a week of delay that is clearly shown while the item is in the control of USPS is not something that you should be blamed for.

I recently had a purchase sent to me by priority. It was very heavy and was sent priority-not my idea. The tracking showed this priority package getting about halfway across the country and then it ground to a halt - for a bit over a week. Heaven only knows what they did with it, but it finally got located and sent on to me. Unfortunately for me, that was only the beginning of the problems caused by USPS, but the other issues are not particularly relevant here.

Moral of the story is the USPS is a mess right now, and we need to give them more time. Honestly, I sometimes wonder that packages arrive at all!

If I were you I would advise your buyer that you understand her frustration but that you sent the item on the date she purchased it and that it has been in the custody of USPS since then. The item is visible on tracking and you also went to the PO to try to get some assistance with updated tracking and you were advised that with the unprecedented mail volume and slower handling times due to Covid and voting, they could only advise you to expect slower handling times. You will continue to check the available tracking information and let her know when you have further information.

I don’t know what further you can be expected to do at this point. I assume eBay will see it the same way, even if your buyer cannot.

Good luck!

Reactions: alyssamay_xx