isn't this pretty shady? what's the deal with Realreal?

Lavidacolor

Collector of things shiny and beautiful
O.G.
Sep 2, 2007
https://www.therealreal.com/products?utf8=✓&keywords=balenciaga+city

i counted 11, yes 11 of the same listed black City bag when i searched on Realreal.com...at first i thought maybe it was a glitch, but each bag has a separate item # if you click on each bag, so i can only assume they intentionally listed all those bags. however, they are all listed as "excellent" condition and use the EXACT same photos...too good to be true? each bag should be listed and photographed individually.

what is your experience with realreal and bbags? i read a lot of bad reviews of fakes in the general shopping forum :sad: i was so excited to find a bag here but now i don't know...

Last edited:
to update- i asked them and they said they use the same photos for multiple bags if they are in same condition. still kind of weary, but i may take a chance on it.

I have never shopped with RR, but I would certainly want to see photos of the exact bag I am buying (and have the bag authenticated here) before I would place an order!

I have never shopped with RR, but I would certainly want to see photos of the exact bag I am buying (and have the bag authenticated here) before I would place an order!

yes, the problem is they won't send me additional photos :sad: they also list the bag as being Chevre leather, but i thought they were discontinued after 2007? the rep assured me they are chevre. however i did some research, and here is the inner tag they show (see below). now if im not mistaken, and i used the references here, isn't the tag indicating a 2010 bal?

if someone can confirm the identity of the tag, plmk. seems even more shady now.

Attachments

• tag.png
    tag.png
    174.7 KB · Views: 693
yes, the problem is they won't send me additional photos :sad: they also list the bag as being Chevre leather, but i thought they were discontinued after 2007? the rep assured me they are chevre. however i did some research, and here is the inner tag they show (see below). now if im not mistaken, and i used the references here, isn't the tag indicating a 2010 bal?

if someone can confirm the identity of the tag, plmk. seems even more shady now.

There were a ton of fake P bags, the TPF authenticators do not recommend buying a P bag without having it authenticated here. I just went through a bunch of BS with a seller because it was a P tag bag.

There were a ton of fake P bags, the TPF authenticators do not recommend buying a P bag without having it authenticated here. I just went through a bunch of BS with a seller because it was a P tag bag.
yikes, im so glad you told me that. i just thought real real might be a trustworthy site but i am going to take my business elsewhere.

For me, TheRealReal.com is good for clothes. But I do not trust them with handbags or small leather goods, especially from Vuitton or Balenciaga.
I did a post recently on a couple of Bal bags that I would swear are fakes because the materials used are not consistent with anything I've seen or heard of with the brand. And the prices for these items is way too good to be true. I've had similar doubts about the occasional Vuitton piece as well.

But I've bought clothing from them and feel very confident about that. Though you do have to inspect the item on the site and be certain that it can be returned. Not everything can be.

This is a consignment site. Some of the bags are probably authentic, but be sure to insist on photos of the authentication features for the specific bag. We just saw a counterfeit from them on the AT thread.

Thank you for the info everyone. Unfortunately because they don't allow returns on bags (clothes and shoes only), and yet they will not send me more photos so I can authenticate, I really can't buy with confidence.