Isn't it funny how we evolve in our handbag obsession??

I totally relate to this. I started out with my "designer" bags or so I thought. I guess my first real brand was d&b, I thought that was awesome, but then the fakes started coming out and I was turned off. From there I moved on to Coach, Juicy and Kate Spade. But now I'm hooked on LV, and yes I will be joining you in therapy. I think I'm going to need some major counseling. :graucho:

I can't wait until I can move onto.. well, Chanel and Hermes. :graucho:

My heart will always belong to Mr. V though !

I say AYE for ayla lol!
History: like most people here, I've always had an obsession about bags. when I was young (well i'm 19 now...so i guess i'm still young lol) or younger starting at around 12, I've started to collect bags. I started with Guess bags. I remember my first Guess bag purchase 60$CAD, WOW that's a lot I thought for a lil girl with no income! Then I moved up to Moschino, Prada, and Dior, a few bags from each line, and I collected them all in the same time period. Finally, I've found my passion = LV bags! Something to look forward to: I've set up a goal, by age 30 I'm gonna conquer at least one Hermes Birkin or Kelly bag!!!! lol

I started with $1 bag when I was on vacation, then $10 bag from friends, then $20 bag from old navy, then $40 fossil bag, then I made a leap to juicy $160 and quickly bought some LV accessories:sweatdrop:...The last leaps were a lot faster...I was at $20 for quite a while...

well my first designer bag was actually LV, and then i moved to other brands like vivienne westwood, burberry blue label, but even during this time i still brought some LV, after i got gucci. now i'm just totally into LV, nothing else, i think this forum is the main reason..lol

I was never really in to the whole purse thing until 2 years ago when I bought my 1st D&B. It was $145 and the matching wallet was $165. I even got tons of matching accessories online, and then I found out that there was an outlet in my area, so I bought 2 more with matching wallets and I even bought my sister 2 bags with matching wallets, and my mom as well. Then I saw all these C logo's on bags, and I found out about Coach, and that was my next obsession. Before I could by my 3rd Coach bag, I got obsessed with LV. Then that's when my fiance bought me my 1st LV bag. I don't think I can go any higher than this.

Oh yeah, that happens with everything I guess. I used to buy non-designer brands because they looked good, then started to see the quality a bit more, then I thought the Sak was the hottest thing (although love my other SAK now too), then Longchamp, then Marc Jacobs (still love MJ) and now mostly LV.

I was proudly carrying my Guess tote and a Guess patent evening bag for about 10 years. The tote was getting pretty scratched up, but I never gave it a thought. They don't get any use now, but I don't have the heart to bin them.

Luckily LV can take some abuse, because I'm still a bit rough with my bags. I do want to move up to Hermes one day. I love the look of Kelly and Kelly Longue. But at the moment, up to US$1K per bag is my limit.

haha yeah I remember when I thought Coach was the best thing ever. I got my first one when I was like 16 and was die hard Coach for about 3 years. Before that I never use to care I just used cheap bags. I was into Burberry and Gucci a little, I just loved the waistpouch. I got my first LV, cherry blossom pochette, when I was like 17 and thought oh I just want one LV! But after I ended up selling all my other bags and was totally addicted to LV for a couple yeas now (off and on) but since joining pf I can't stop obsessing over LV! I'm also getting into Chanel, I think I'll stop there. Hopefully I never get into Hermes lol.

great thread! Purse pressure first started for me around 7th grade when all of a sudden everyone had nylon le sport sacs and you just HAD to have one or you were a total loser. I have very vivid memories in the cafeteria of all us girls crowded together on the benches/tables with our various colored lss's all piled up together :shame: .

I've honestly loved ann taylor, nine west an dkny bags forever. I got a dooney and bourke (AWL satchel) in 1994 which I still have and was da bomb back in its day. Then I discovered the internet...and bluefly...and nylon prada. Then it was a miu miu bag. Then BCBG.

I just got my first LV back in June this year and now have a whopping 9 pieces to my name :love: . Now I'm a big ol' ho and love a lot of designers but have the most LV for now.

i'm 32 years old and i'm a bag-a-holic. my obssession started more than a year ago during a black friday sale at newbury commons. i bought a coach satchel and wristlet...there has been no turning back since then. i bought a couple of kate spades. then i moved to hong kong. that was the big turning point, i think. i bought my first gucci here. then a spy bag...then another gucci. last month i bought my first lv (mono speedy 30). i still want a chanel but i am now into lv in a big way. it's actually surprising. i was never into lv until recently. :heart: i entered the boutique and bam! i was hooked. my dh has promised me a bag for christmas. i wonder which lv it will be.

I never did go to that mid range stage... I went from cheapie bags to $200 Ralph Lauren bag then straight to my Speedy 25 Damier and never look back since then! But I'm not for LV wallets. I'd normally get wallets for my birthday/christmas/etc and they are not LVs but Braun Buffel! They are great tiny wallet and I love them!

actuclly i'm not a crazy collector, i don't buy lv everyweeks (my last bag was like 3 months old).
after I join this forum, I come here everyday, first thing in the morning, read threads when i'm working, and not do any work, everything I talk to my bf is, can i buy this? can i buy that? i saw a member in the forum just bought one and its very lovely,i want i want.......

I do need help to stop thinking of LV

I'm not joking, i have been dreaming LV for 3 days already....
I think I have join here one week..only....

i can't afford to have any other desiger bags, LV is killing me already.....

I was never really a purse girl at all....I had Guess & DKNY way back...and would carry the same one forever....then I went into Dooney...then Coach for a brief moment and now LV. Now I can't even imagine carrying those other brands...much less carrying the same bag every day for a year. I love the variety! My bank account hates it...but :P to the bank account!