Isabel Marant clothes & accessories!

Do you guys agree that the Loli pants are small to size? I'm between FR 34 and 36.

I haven't tried my regular size and I'm very happy with my pair in the size up, but I don't think they run small exactly, they just look better when worn slouchier and more draped. Personally I don't like the look of the Loli pants as modelled on La Garconne and Mytheresa and I do like the way they look on NAP. The NAP model has sized up and the other two are wearing their regular size. Personal preference maybe :smile:

I received my Loli pants today and honestly I am a little bit underwhelmed. The fabric and print look better online than IRL to me, and the fit is a tiny bit strange on me. I was hoping the print would be brighter. They are definitely loose through the hips (which seems to be a problem with IM loose pants got me) but they are sort of cropped at an awkward place. Will have to think more on whether I want to keep them. For the price I just thought they would be a little more special I guess.

Sorry they didn't work out. I love the fabric and at 5'4" the cropped length is just about right for me.

... back to espadrilles, what is everyone's recommendation for the most comfy cheap espadrilles?
For designer comfort I totally recommend Saint Laurent - the leather or suede ones are wonderful straight out of the box. My Celine ones after a lot of wear still bite my heels and Chanel in either leather or fabric aren't that great to wear either.

The Manebi espadrilles are very cute but not comfortable on me. The back comes up higher than usual and rubs my heel. I have some IM paisley espadrilles on the way but they didn't arrive before I left for vacation.

I think the Loli pant runs huge in the waist but the legs are tapered. I took a 34, but I always do in Etoile- sometimes that's too big. I REALLY like them- they will be a summer go to for me.

The Manebi espadrilles are very cute but not comfortable on me. The back comes up higher than usual and rubs my heel. I have some IM paisley espadrilles on the way but they didn't arrive before I left for vacation.

I think the Loli pant runs huge in the waist but the legs are tapered. I took a 34, but I always do in Etoile- sometimes that's too big. I REALLY like them- they will be a summer go to for me.

Thanks for advice re Manebi espadrilles. I might give them a miss for now based on your review. I've got more than enough heel chewers and having sore or cut up feet during the summer is awful.
Now I'm trying to find some Castaners on sale in my size.

I haven't tried my regular size and I'm very happy with my pair in the size up, but I don't think they run small exactly, they just look better when worn slouchier and more draped. Personally I don't like the look of the Loli pants as modelled on La Garconne and Mytheresa and I do like the way they look on NAP. The NAP model has sized up and the other two are wearing their regular size. Personal preference maybe :smile:
Thanks a lot, I totally see what you mean with NAP vs La Garconne and Mytheresa :tup:

Thanks for advice re Manebi espadrilles. I might give them a miss for now based on your review. I've got more than enough heel chewers and having sore or cut up feet during the summer is awful.
Now I'm trying to find some Castaners on sale in my size.
Hello there SL! I was going to recommend Castaners;). They are very well made and last much more than other espadrilles . I got Missoni espadrilles a few years back, what a mess it became after a few wears...so disappointing!
I hope all my IM friends are well!
I haven't been around much, I haven't bought IM this season though I tried her sweaters , the sizing and fit was terrible.
I did get a pair of Leo sandals:graucho:
P00165377-Leo-embellished-suede-lace-up-ballerinas-BUNDLE_1.jpg

Hello there SL! I was going to recommend Castaners;). They are very well made and last much more than other espadrilles . I got Missoni espadrilles a few years back, what a mess it became after a few wears...so disappointing!
I hope all my IM friends are well!
I haven't been around much, I haven't bought IM this season though I tried her sweaters , the sizing and fit was terrible.
I did get a pair of Leo sandals:graucho:
img.mytheresa.com/1088/1088/66/jpeg/catalog/product/25/P00165377-Leo-embellished-suede-lace-up-ballerinas-BUNDLE_1.jpg

Hello flower! Long time no see around here ;)
Hope all's well in your world.
Thanks for Castaner advice - I know I'm on the right track now :biggrin:
I bought a pair of Leos too (love!!!) and I think they might be the only pair of IM shoes I've bought in almost two years! How things have changed.

... back to espadrilles, what is everyone's recommendation for the most comfy cheap espadrilles?
For designer comfort I totally recommend Saint Laurent - the leather or suede ones are wonderful straight out of the box. My Celine ones after a lot of wear still bite my heels and Chanel in either leather or fabric aren't that great to wear either.

What was wrong with your Chanels?

This thread is so dead! I ordered this Vince top for my upcoming vacay because I wanted something pretty and easy for the summer. I have wanted this top or dress for months but I was inspired by Lucy Williams of fashion me now to finally just get it.
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1461964123.965405.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1461964132.333026.jpg

This thread is so dead! I ordered this Vince top for my upcoming vacay because I wanted something pretty and easy for the summer. I have wanted this top or dress for months but I was inspired by Lucy Williams of fashion me now to finally just get it.
View attachment 3342273View attachment 3342274
Oh so happy to see you on here jellybebe! :smile:
I have been quite good these days and off tpf for a number of reasons...:P
I haven't bought any IM lately because I just don't feel she has new and inspirational designs, it's just all been seen and done these past seasons, and so awfully out of reach in terms of prices for some items. Not worthy IMO!
I may get some Ts on sale to renew my collection and maybe a print but only on sale. promise to post if I do;)
Hope you are well! And hugs to all you pretties that I haven't heard from these last few months:hugs:

Oh so happy to see you on here jellybebe! :smile:
I have been quite good these days and off tpf for a number of reasons...:P
I haven't bought any IM lately because I just don't feel she has new and inspirational designs, it's just all been seen and done these past seasons, and so awfully out of reach in terms of prices for some items. Not worthy IMO!
I may get some Ts on sale to renew my collection and maybe a print but only on sale. promise to post if I do;)
Hope you are well! And hugs to all you pretties that I haven't heard from these last few months:hugs:

Hi Flower! I miss your outfit posts! This was my first (and probably only) IM piece this season. I have not been that inspired by her designs either. I'm looking for a pair of Gucci princetown loafers sans fourrure, hopefully I can find them!

Long time no chat, I remember I was here about the Vicky tunic, now the Vince version has been around for a bit and finally decided to order, my 2nd piece of Etoile and 2 Marant in all.

I love the white and blue color, the dark one does not do it for me.

Attachments

• 1465425787245.jpg
    1465425787245.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 529
  • IMG_20160607_231224.jpg
    IMG_20160607_231224.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 544