Isabel Marant clothes & accessories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, so happy for everyone that managed to score a pair of IM high-top sneakers. I am still impatiently waiting for mine to arrive. Grrr...
After a lot of contemplation I decided to purchase the Merrys after the second mark down. They have just arrrived. I tried one on my right foot (I'm at work at the moment), but will need some more time to decide if I will keep them or not. They are cute, but HiromiT is right, they are narrow.

Finally, since it's been a while, I wanted to share another outfit pic. More pics can be found here if you're interested. Thanks so much for letting me share! :smile:

Wow! You managed to make the casual Ulyse look elegant. Love how you pair them with Rea heels. :ps:

I'd say keep the Merrys only if you find them comfortable. I can't imagine being in agony after walking for an hour or so.

I popped into the IM store at rue de Saintonge yesterday on a whirlwind 24 hour trip with a girlfriend yesterday. Stocks galore! I tried on a pair of black Bettys and noticed how comfortable they are. It helps that the soles are fairly wide. I didn't get them this time only because I think a pair of wedge sneakers is enough for now but the olive ones on a SA's feet were divine! My friend commented how cool she looked wearing the Bettys with a simple linen t-shirt and slim harem pants.

I picked up a Kady which I'd put on hold. My very first and only black jacket (sad but true). Please excuse the quick snapshots. I just threw the jacket on whatever I was wearing. More pics in the blog.

7507511040_eb8a58a6e9_z.jpg

7507510666_e9bb6bf548_z.jpg

Hi everyone, so happy for everyone that managed to score a pair of IM high-top sneakers. I am still impatiently waiting for mine to arrive. Grrr...
After a lot of contemplation I decided to purchase the Merrys after the second mark down. They have just arrrived. I tried one on my right foot (I'm at work at the moment), but will need some more time to decide if I will keep them or not. They are cute, but HiromiT is right, they are narrow.

Finally, since it's been a while, I wanted to share another outfit pic. More pics can be found here if you're interested. Thanks so much for letting me share! :smile:

kaypa, i love this! the wild zebra print toned down by the neutral ulyse...fantastic pairing! and i love the peek of mesh all anchored by the fantastic rio/reas! perfect! sigh...makes me wish i hadn't put back those reas back on the store shelf (even at second markdown!)...keep telling myself 'they didn't fit me well', tho' not sure that's working! ;)

I popped into the IM store at rue de Saintonge yesterday on a whirlwind 24 hour trip with a girlfriend yesterday. Stocks galore! I tried on a pair of black Bettys and noticed how comfortable they are. It helps that the soles are fairly wide. I didn't get them this time only because I think a pair of wedge sneakers is enough for now but the olive ones on a SA's feet were divine! My friend commented how cool she looked wearing the Bettys with a simple linen t-shirt and slim harem pants.

I picked up a Kady which I'd put on hold. My very first and only black jacket (sad but true). Please excuse the quick snapshots. I just threw the jacket on whatever I was wearing. More pics in the blog.

:woohoo: big congrats, birkgal!! i love it and it fits you perfectly! is it fitting true to your usual IM size? are the sleeves 3/4? i definitely am keeping an eye out for this one to hit the US stores--i nabbed the cognac color sade at the start of the barney's sale but would love it in black as well...the kady will def fit the bill!

i'm with you on the wedge sneakers--been really tough to pass up the new offerings but i have the black wilas and white bettys and i think that will have to do for now (tho the khaki bekkets and suede bettys are reallllyyyy tempting!!)

Kaypa-HOT, SEXY mama!!! Pefection!:biggrin:

Which color sneakers did you get? Hope they arrive soon. My anthracites came this week. I'm slowly getting used to the idea of wearing sneakers-they are super comfy!

Seeing your pix just sealed the deal-i want them! It's cool and edgy. And can you tell me how much it is in the Paris store and are there lots of sizes left? I'm curious because i will be in Paris next 2 weeks. :cool:

Which color sneakers did you get? Hope they arrive soon. My anthracites came this week. I'm slowly getting used to the idea of wearing sneakers-they are super comfy!

Seeing your pix just sealed the deal-i want them! It's cool and edgy. And can you tell me how much it is in the Paris store and are there lots of sizes left? I'm curious because i will be in Paris next 2 weeks. :cool:

I tend to buy from 47 rue de Saintonge. They tend to have the biggest stock and the service is always exceptional. I'm not sure if they are a lot of sizes left but I suggest you call a couple of days before and ask. They're happy to reserve the item for you provided you actually turn up to pay for it. My SA confided that they have a lot of people who reserve and then never bothered to turn up. Take either the Republique or filles du Calvaire metro.

:woohoo: big congrats, birkgal!! i love it and it fits you perfectly! is it fitting true to your usual IM size? are the sleeves 3/4? i definitely am keeping an eye out for this one to hit the US stores--i nabbed the cognac color sade at the start of the barney's sale but would love it in black as well...the kady will def fit the bill!

i'm with you on the wedge sneakers--been really tough to pass up the new offerings but i have the black wilas and white bettys and i think that will have to do for now (tho the khaki bekkets and suede bettys are reallllyyyy tempting!!)

nycbagfiend, thank you! I wish I can do modelling shots like the Tonka or Flowers. The sleeves are full length. I took the size 38 seeing that I tend to wear size 2. They're pretty true to size. I tried wearing a couple of Uniqlo woolen sweaters underneath it (and nearly passed out from the heat :P ) and I could still zip up comfortably.

I wrote a review along with close up shots on my blog. I'm sure you'll love the Kady in black if you've got the Sade already. Yeah, the black bettys were reeeeally tempting. BUT sanity kicked in just as I was approaching the till :P

I tend to buy from 47 rue de Saintonge. They tend to have the biggest stock and the service is always exceptional. I'm not sure if they are a lot of sizes left but I suggest you call a couple of days before and ask. They're happy to reserve the item for you provided you actually turn up to pay for it. My SA confided that they have a lot of people who reserve and then never bothered to turn up. Take either the Republique or filles du Calvaire metro.

Thanks for the info and tip!!! Will def call ahead. :tup:

Wow, you look so amazing!

Yay, you got the Merrys! I hope they work out for you. I'm planning to wear mine a lot this week since we'll finally have sunshine. :smile:

Oh the Kady looks wonderful on you. :love: Congrats!
Love your blog and gorgeous photos!

I popped into the IM store at rue de Saintonge yesterday on a whirlwind 24 hour trip with a girlfriend yesterday. Stocks galore! I tried on a pair of black Bettys and noticed how comfortable they are. It helps that the soles are fairly wide. I didn't get them this time only because I think a pair of wedge sneakers is enough for now but the olive ones on a SA's feet were divine!

Wow! You managed to make the casual Ulyse look elegant. Love how you pair them with Rea heels. :ps:

I'd say keep the Merrys only if you find them comfortable. I can't imagine being in agony after walking for an hour or so.

Thanks! :smile: I'm wearing them right now and trying to make up my mind. The bf things they are keepers. So maybe I should not second guess his opinion! ;)

kaypa, i love this! the wild zebra print toned down by the neutral ulyse...fantastic pairing! and i love the peek of mesh all anchored by the fantastic rio/reas! perfect! sigh...makes me wish i hadn't put back those reas back on the store shelf (even at second markdown!)...keep telling myself 'they didn't fit me well', tho' not sure that's working! ;)

Thank you for your kind words! Do you need some enabling for the Reas or should I come up with reasons why you shouldn't get them? ;)

Thanks! :smile: I pre-ordered the black Bazils, but the brick & mortar store hasn't received their stock yet. I think the anthracite ones are amazing!

Wow, you look so amazing!

Yay, you got the Merrys! I hope they work out for you. I'm planning to wear mine a lot this week since we'll finally have sunshine. :smile:

That's so kind of you HiromiT! :smile: You were so right about them being narrow. They are a bit tight now. My feet are a bit swollen today thanks to the hot weather, so I think they should be ok under normal circumstances and when the leather has stretched a little.

Wow! The Kady looks great on you. It's a perfect fit! Such a great price also. Congrats! :smile:

You look absolutely amazing! Love how you styled this outft Kaypa!:smile:

Such an awesome jacket and it fits you perfectly! Love it on you! :smile:

BTW, I received my Bazils in the black python print the other day. Love them! Will try and post an outfit wearing them soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.