Is your taste in hermes evolving???

Jhoshopgirl

Jhoshopgirl
O.G.
Apr 20, 2010
When I first got into hermes, I only wanted bags in Togo and no veins. I actually stayed away from anything epsom because of the fear of corner wears. Now, I have to say that I own more epsom bags than Togo and I love this beautifully veined Togo birkin.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1504305117.936661.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1504305126.504892.jpg

Is your taste evolving like me? Wanted to hear other's experience.

I think sometimes we buy into the hype about certain things but gradually (hopefully) we find out what really works for us and that a lot of what's written was either an unfortunate mistake or does not apply.

I think each leather has it's own unique properties and uses, I'm glad you changed your mind about Epsom.

I can't say my H-taste has evolved very much but I do trust myself more than I used to. At first I was very 'rationed' just in case I made a mistake now I'm more courageous, even if it means being completely out of step with what's fashionable or desirable at resale.

When I first got into hermes, I only wanted bags in Togo and no veins. I actually stayed away from anything epsom because of the fear of corner wears. Now, I have to say that I own more epsom bags than Togo and I love this beautifully veined Togo birkin.

View attachment 3812060
View attachment 3812062

Is your taste evolving like me? Wanted to hear other's experience.

I was just thinking about this. I realized that when I first got into Hermes I only liked clemence and togo without veins, and I felt that chèvre and Togo with deep veins looked so creepy. Now I have chèvre that I absolutely love and I would love to get deeply veined Togo. I think partially what it is for me is having more personal experience with different leathers now. Some leathers do not photograph well but look and feel amazing in real life.

Yes.. in so many ways.
First, I am much more aware of what size bags work for me and what is a total no. Still not totally sure of B25 tho?????
I used to go crazy for Birkins and now I truly fell for Constance.
I used to be hyper colorful. I am much more muted/neutral now and so are my bag choices. Still love my pop colors but not dying to add more....
I used to dress my bags up like crazy. I now go for twillies and one rodeo max. Otherwise prefer my bags naked.
I used to be crazy lady buying everything in sight. Now I am super picky.
I used to wear H's on wrist, belt, bag, shawl....now I do not like to wear too many H. My clic clacs are being totally ignored...
I seem like a totally different person as I write this hahahahahahah

Yes.. in so many ways.
First, I am much more aware of what size bags work for me and what is a total no. Still not totally sure of B25 tho?????
I used to go crazy for Birkins and now I truly fell for Constance.
I used to be hyper colorful. I am much more muted/neutral now and so are my bag choices. Still love my pop colors but not dying to add more....
I used to dress my bags up like crazy. I now go for twillies and one rodeo max. Otherwise prefer my bags naked.
I used to be crazy lady buying everything in sight. Now I am super picky.
I used to wear H's on wrist, belt, bag, shawl....now I do not like to wear too many H. My clic clacs are being totally ignored...
I seem like a totally different person as I write this hahahahahahah

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Hmmm... I'm pretty new to Hermes still, but I don't think I'll ever change looking back at my style...
I used to be very into LV - I still love them and carry my old bags. Every bag and piece I have acquired, was because I accomplished something or there was meaning behind it.
I have many other bags too, Bottega Veneta, Chanel, Balenciaga, Prada...etc. all of which I still love. Every brand/item has its own use and each design is suitable in certain events. I know a lot of people sell their bags and "move on" to the next brand. I don't because my style has never really changed. I just grow more and so does my collection.
Same thing for shoes. I have older and newer styles that I still love and wear.
Last eg. my signature has not changed since the age of 12.... I guess I'm pretty stubborn. :P