Is Your Life What You Thought It Would Be???

Life can take you to weird places. The me of my highschool days would freak out and have an aneurism, knowing that I now work for/with people I looked up to. But the me of today is pretty jaded, and the only thing that fascinates me is thinking of how the highschool me would be stoked. But I'm pretty satisfied and happy. I wouldn't mind having the body I had in highschool, though.

hmmm, i never thought life would turn out like this so far! but everything is ok at the moment... when i have quiet times or a heart to heart moment with friends about the past... i wish i could go back and say, "helen, everything is going to be ok" and give her a big hug!

Nope, but that is the irony of life. Things can always be worse so i thank God for all the good that I have; there is so much control we have over our lives... I try to find the silver lining, if not I would be a psycho nutjob.

my life is not what i had hoped or wanted it to be... that is a for sure fact. but it is what it is, so what can you do but live it as it is.

family - eh
career - good right now.
friends - content
romance - so good so far.

i prefer to not spill everything out on here so i'll just leave my answer at that.

My life has given me my fair share of "lemons" and I have made quite a few pitchers of Lemonade. But odd enought...my life is the way I thought it would/will/should be except bout my personal life. Its pretty much on track. I am a very determined person and refuse to have my life any other way besides the way I choose to have it and so far I've been granted waht I've asked for....it could be considered a blessing or a curse cause words can never explain what the heart yearns/feels or ask for. besides personal life everything is on track!!

My life is not at all that what I expected with 20.
I never expected to go through a serious illness for the last 5 years and I never thought that I would have lost almost all my teeh at the age of 30 but **** happens and that's why I don't live or think in the past.
I always saw myself as a single career woman but it all turned ou different:
I married a wonderful caring man with 22 and with 24 we gave birth to Ben, our 8 year old son. We are doing great financially which was a blessing during my illness so that we didn't have to worry about paying the bills for extra treatments. I work part time because of my son so career wise I'm not there where I want to YET. But I'm doing my B.A in economics at night college with very good grades so one day in the near future I will be a career woman. I actually enjoy every painfree day I have because living with pain for 5 years makes you moderate. I'm getting better bit by bit now and even that I know that I always will have this pain issue I love my life. I don't look back and dwell about the could bes. But I don't look into the future to far because one little incident can change evrything. I live life as it comes and I'm grateful for the things I've got. I'm lucky that I had my parents, my husband and Ben helping and encouraging me through the dark times and I can truely say that there isn't anything what could separate my husband and me because we have grown up together and managed some big mountains.

MissV said:
My life has given me my fair share of "lemons" and I have made quite a few pitchers of Lemonade.

So ditto on that.

I didn't think I'd be orphaned of my mother at 22 so that was a pretty bad shock for me. I'm now scared witless of losing my dad who will be 72 this year.

Healthwise, since the start of my mother's illness two years ago, it's all been downhill from there. I take so long to recover even from the smallest things.

Careerwise, things are alright, except that for the previously mentionned reason, I'm struggling right now to focus on work. I'm not where everyone expected me to be, but I did ok. I'm happy with the choices I made because they took me to places where I met great friends. At one time, my mother was unhappy about my choices because she felt I downgraded my career choices by chosing to leave the reputable school I was at, then chosing years later to choose a lesser engineering school rather than drudge on to attain a better one.
I realise now that it was her fear that I wouldn't have a good career, but she could have trusted me to know what I was doing because I got a better career (not to mention better $ for bags :biggrin:)

I've been pretty unlucky in love but right now, I'm happy with someone great.

Overall, it's been a strange ride and my weird experiences along the way have probably made me stronger and more resilient. Certainly, I'm no longer the naive freshly graduated girl who thought the world would be her oyster. But I'm still not too jaded to wonder at some things. And the world is still my oyster, except that I can have it with a pitcher of lemonade. Or ten. :flowers:

Tanja said:
My life is not at all that what I expected with 20.
I never expected to go through a serious illness for the last 5 years and I never thought that I would have lost almost all my teeh at the age of 30 but **** happens and that's why I don't live or think in the past.
I always saw myself as a single career woman but it all turned ou different:
I married a wonderful caring man with 22 and with 24 we gave birth to Ben, our 8 year old son. We are doing great financially which was a blessing during my illness so that we didn't have to worry about paying the bills for extra treatments. I work part time because of my son so career wise I'm not there where I want to YET. But I'm doing my B.A in economics at night college with very good grades so one day in the near future I will be a career woman. I actually enjoy every painfree day I have because living with pain for 5 years makes you moderate. I'm getting better bit by bit now and even that I know that I always will have this pain issue I love my life. I don't look back and dwell about the could bes. But I don't look into the future to far because one little incident can change evrything. I live life as it comes and I'm grateful for the things I've got. I'm lucky that I had my parents, my husband and Ben helping and encouraging me through the dark times and I can truely say that there isn't anything what could separate my husband and me because we have grown up together and managed some big mountains.

TANJA!!! :heart: I am so glad that you are okay now. You have an awesome attitude, which is why I adore you!

I dont know yet! LOL
I haven't started a career yet or anything LOL

So far, I'm happy. Going to law school, have a wonderful bf, puppy, and pretty soon a new kitty!

I just want to thank all of you for responding to this. I have to admit that I am a rather reserved person when it comes to revealing my emotions and I felt a little foolish after I posted for revealing so much of my hurt so publicly. I know now that it was absolutely the right thing to do. It has been alternately humorous and heartwrenching to read some of your posts. It really is an amazing thing that so many people can be so kind and supportive to each other (don't mean to be so sappy:shame:smile: Today is a much better day-BTW and feeling not so alone in that boat as I was yesterday. Also feeling truly grateful for my blessings and for this forum. Thanks again!

Eire said:
Can I ask you all a question?
I am 26, an only child, and VERY, VERY close to both of my parents. My parents are both in good health, fingers crossed, but they are getting older. Mom is 62 and Dad will be 63 in 2 weeks. I can't imagine life without them and I am terrified to think of what I would when they leave me.

If you could give some advice- what would you have done differently to prepare yourself for the loss of your parents?

Eire-all that I can tell you is to appreciate every day that you have with your parents. Tell them that you love them and clear up any unfinished business that is lingering in your heart. I'm grateful that there was nothing unsaid or unfinished for me, but for some family members that was not the cse and I think it made the grieving a lot worse.

heinz said:
Am I right to say that you are sounding less blue now? I hope so, enjoy your quiet time, and I am sending you happy feelings ( could be that I am feeling endorphins as I just scoffed a bar of chocolate!)
heinz-You are correct and you are the sweetest!! Thanks for the happy feeling!

no it isnt.... don't think i will be getting any inheritance.. i was hoping for that but since i have been disowned.. as my bf says, "you can kiss that inheritance good-bye.." as far as career/education is concerned, i always knew that i will get higher than a bachelors degree but didn't expect to be in psychology.. always thought i would be doing something in law...i didn't expect to be married by this age, n that is correct as well.. now, one thing i never expected is to owe as much money as i do now.. arrrggh, gotta pay for those grad school loans...

I'm 21 so yes I do have some time before me. My life isn't exactly like I thought it would be. I also thought I was going to an Ivy (as most of my school is), but I'm ok with my current school. I also never thought I would have to worry about my future because I was always near the top of my class, so it's taken some getting used to the idea that I might not get into the best company upon graduation, or have my dream career.

I'm also starting to worry about never getting married (or not before 29 anyway). Yikes! Haha.