Is Your House Clean Enough For Drop-By Visitors?

Yes. I'm completely anal. I vacuum the carpet and clean the wood floors daily, to say the least. I don't necessarily like this quality of mine because I'm a neat freak and can't settle down until everything is perfect. And I'm getting into my 'nesting' period of pregnancy and it has become so much worse. After everything is clean, I start organizing everything... even stuff that's already organized or just did the day prior. I make myself crazy.

Well, usually it is, but not this week! We just got an entertainment center delivered on Saturday and we are still in the process of putting all the electronic components inside, plus finishing the paint on the wall.

Also added into the mix today was the question of whether the entertainment center is strong enough to hold our behemoth TV, which we were going to replace shortly but I'm really concerned about all that weight on the new entertainment center. DH and I may have to get a flat screen TV mounted on the wall to ease my fears ... can you imagine if the TV broke the entertainment center? I would be crushed!

Ent5.jpg

yes, my house is clean. i clean everyday. DH says i have OCD i do not care that is how i grew up. my girlfriend would drop by and say "your kids live here"?:smile:

yes it is. wish i was more into cleaning though even though it is pretty neat and clean already. i would love it if i can mop my hardwood floors every week but i just can't seem to do it. most of the times, i have to beg my bf to do the mopping.

Depends on the visitors - if it's my parents, then HELL no... but if it's my friends, it's cool. It's hard to keep a home clean with two grown up kids living in the house. I'm not their maid, but they never clean up after themselves!

Yup, usually. I can't stand clutter. It makes me extremely unhappy. I'm usually not completely happy and calm unless everything is in it's place.....I know, I'm obsessive and compulsive....:shame:

This is why I love my townhouse...my living room/dining room/kitchen/powder rooms are incredible even if the rest is not!

My cleaning service takes care of everything but I do enjoy having the separation of floors...meaning the 3 bdrms are on the upper floor so that may or may not be an issue for my guests if they are not 100% clean at the last minute like other spots should be.