is your dog a nervous pee'er or pooper?

May 18, 2007
my furbaby is both! if she is nervous or scared, out comes the poop and pee. actually, the pooping thing is new, she's always been a nervous pee'er.

i always make sure she uses he bathroom before i take her into anyone's house because new places (homes with lots of other people, other dogs, etc.) make her nervous. when she's in her carrier she's okay, but if she's out she'll have to go potty before her nerve settle.

i have a 1 yr old yorkie, btw.

anyone else experience this?

My little boy was a nervous pee'er when he was little, but it only lasted about two months. I dont' know any advice to give you. I've never heard of a nervous pooper. Maybe call your vet?

Miso.. piddles from time to time when the person she's greeting is also just as excited as she is.. lol. It's gotten better as she's gotten a little older (currently 9.5 months) Haven't heard of a nervous poo'er either, I'd contact your vet or a local trainer to see if they've had nervous poo'ers and see what advice they can give.

Funny that this thread gets started today! Took my kitty to the groomer's today - and she must have gotten nervous, because she did #2 in the carrier on the way home!

Poor baby.

My pups are nervous/excited pee-ers. Kinda embarassing when they are greeting somebody and the dribble on that person's shoe. Hopefully they will outgrow this.

My dog Miles pees when he is nervous. Every trip to the vet or kennel results in a big yellow puddle on the floor. The vet has now come to expect this, "Oh it's Miles and he wet himself again!" It is kind of sad and pathetic because he is a fairly big English Springer Spaniel who tries to be tough but deep down is really a big scaredy-cat!

6 y/o doxie almost always pinches a loaf on the grooming table when she gets her nails clipped. Also, whenever we enter someone else's house she'll strategically leave one poop in a room somewhere. She did it at my neighbor's house in the washroom where their dogs sleep. She also did it in the middle of the living room of a breeder's house when we were looking at a new litter of pups. :Push:

During the first few months of having our new dog I noticed he would pee if he got too excited. This could occur just if I would clap my hands or give him some attention and play with him but now it's under control and he's just a little over a year now.

My beagle use to pee when she met someone w/ the "Alpha" presence. But now she doesn't at all.

One of my pugs will poop in a house or place she hasn't been to... like she's marking her place :nuts: