Food Is your dishwasher installed in the corner?

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
.....by any chance?

I have been trying to find out if this is a good solution for me, and having trouble finding pictures and getting feedback.

If your dishwasher is installed in the corner, would you share a picture?
And tell me if you have any problems with the plumbing?

I surely appreciate it!!!
:flowers:

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
Yes, and for me, I hate it.

My kitchen is spacious, but was laid out by a guy who obviously didn't cook. Every single cabinet door opens the wrong way and the dishwasher is a real nuisance. The obvious cabinets and drawers for silverware and pots are on the other side of the corner, so you can't open them unless the dishwasher is open, and you can't put away the silverware or things that go in the cabinet if the dishwasher shelves are pulled out to unload them. Argh!! I have to take most things out, put them on the counter, and then move them to the right place.

Sorry no picture, but my camera's on the fritz. I don't know that the plumbing is an issue - you'd have to talk to the person doing your install. If it's near the sink, I don't think that would be an issue, but reall consider how all the doors in the corner are going to open.

Best of luck! There's nothing like thinking out efficiently and using your space from the get go!

CobaltBlu

Butterfly Wrangler
O.G.
Oct 20, 2006
Thanks bipolarbear!!! It would be so great for me if it could be in the corner spot. I really need to make sure these people know what they are doing!! My cabinet guy seems really together, but I need to break this idea to him gently. I would have th dishwasher opening into the room at an angle. Gotta make sure I dont need those cabinets to be open with the dishwasher open at the same time. Maybe keep appliances in there....

thanks for the input!!!!
Love the user name, too!!! :heart: