Is www.directboutiqueshop.com legit?

mimimom

Jan 24, 2009
Just came across this website for "Direct Online Sale Boutique", with email-only contact info, am wondering if anyone is familiar with their products. Are the bags fakes? Thanks.

Always look carefully through these sites. Read their "About Us", "FAQs", "Returns" and "Contact Us" sections closely. Usually just this information will give it away immediately.

Couple of other things to watch out for when you're checking out these sites:

1. Prices that are "too good to be true." I mean, seriously: $875 for a 35cm Birkin?? Gimmee a break! :rolleyes:

2. The only authorized online retailers of new Louis Vuitton products are eLuxury and Louis Vuitton's own website. Any other site claiming to sell "new" LV is selling fakes.

3. Sites that charge a restocking fee for returns. This one charges 15%. :tdown:

4. Sites that use stock photos of the bags. This one includes some stock photos and some that look like the actual bag...but it's something to look out for on other sites. In this site's FAQ section, it specifically states that no additional photos of a bag will be provided. SKETCHY!!!

5. Sites without an address or phone number to contact them.

6. You can look up the website domain registration on whois.com. This website is protected by privacyprotect.org - so the owner is hiding name, address, etc. This can be a red flag too.

You folks here are awesome. Thanks for all of your advice. I am new to this and have been doing a ton of research on line but this is the place to get the best info. I want to find a supplier who sells authentic bags to sell for my resale business. I can not find a legitimate site yet. Everytime I think I have found one, a little digging proves that they are selling fakes. Is anyone out there buying authentic bags at wholesale for resale ? I think not.
Don

Hey Don, glad we could be of help! :welcome: Hope you stick around the PF - lots of great people and info here. :yes:

I'm of the understanding that no high-end designers sells their products at wholesale. It just wouldn't make sense for them to reduce the value and cache of their brands this way. With that said, I don't know the pricing structure brands give to retailers such as NM, Saks, etc. but it seems to me these sales agreements would be exclusive to that retailer, KWIM?

I'm not an expert though so hopefully those with more knowledge will chime in.