is what i do with my purses strange... ???

yellowdaisy14

Jan 10, 2012
I don't know when this actually started or why it did , but i have this tendency that lets just say that if i buy a handbag...and i buy it on credit....i must pay off that amount off..before i carry my handbag...sometimes i can have my purse sitting in my purse closet for two months before i actually wear it......am i being too weird??.does anyone else feel this way or does this ?

Last edited:
No. I don't think weird at all. I bought one last year and although different I would not carry her until I lost 10 pounds. And I did 2 moths later and took her out. Lol. Anyway it makes sense to me.

Actually, I respect you. Your setting a message that until the purchase is paid off, you will not own it. I don't think this is crazy at all but commendable. Hope you do a reveal once your bag is paid off!

It's not weird at all! So many couldn't b as strong as that to resist! Gives u something to look forward to also and makes getting it paid off seem all that much more important. Keeps u from getting bored with the bag and buying another and getting into more debt. Good strategy isn't weird!

Nope, when I quit smoking my dh said he would buy me a LV. We went to the boutique, I chose the bag (Speedy 30 in damier) and I wouldn't use it until I "earned" her. After 3 months the amount of money I would have spent on ciggarettes was what the LV cost. This was the very end of June, 2011 :smile: I am still a non smoker.

It's your version of Layaway Plan :smile: You don't actually own it until it's all paid off.
But you have the added security that your bag is not going to be sold or discontinued or out of stock by having it physically.

I wish I did that more often, I usually end up wishing I had a bag after the fact, and it's sold out.

Nope, when I quit smoking my dh said he would buy me a LV. We went to the boutique, I chose the bag (Speedy 30 in damier) and I wouldn't use it until I "earned" her. After 3 months the amount of money I would have spent on ciggarettes was what the LV cost. This was the very end of June, 2011 :smile: I am still a non smoker.

Oh rock on!

Good for you....thats def something to be proud of ! ;);) ...

I don't have that willpower, i buy a bag i have to use it within a week, but then again although i always buy my bags on credit card i always have the cash in the bank to pay the card bill when it arrives, i am always saving for my next bag purchase so i probably wouldn't buy if i didn't have the cash easily accessible. I save £200 a month towards bags, jewellery and holidays as they are my extravagant purchases and all my annual bonus goes in the savings account too