Is USPS priority International the best way to ship from US to UK?

So to clarify the OP's question.....the best way to send international would be EMS? I always thought that there wasn't a way to track it once it left the US since the other countries are not on the same computer system as the USPS does. At least that was what I was told at my post office. I always ended up sending FEDEX so that I can track it. FEDEX and UPS does cost a fortune but I am lucky to get 75% off with FEDEX through my brother.

I have shipped to Spain using USPS EMS and I was able to track the package up to the time and date when it entered customs. After that, it was in the hands of the country's mail service, and my buyer notified me when the package arrived. It did take two weeks, but that's because customs moves super slowly in Spain.

hey,

I am in the UK (cheshire) and buy tonnes of stuff from the USA (mainly handbags) and I have found USPS express is great! however have found that UPS is not as good, in my opinion UPS took longer and was more expensive. :rant:

But thats just my experience and opinion.

Reviving this old thread and hope someone can help? I bought a pair of ballet slippers from Hobbs that are alas too big and I need to send them back. They offer no exchange or postage deals, so I wonder what is the best and cheapest way to return these?

Reviving this old thread and hope someone can help? I bought a pair of ballet slippers from Hobbs that are alas too big and I need to send them back. They offer no exchange or postage deals, so I wonder what is the best and cheapest way to return these?
Under 4 lbs, first class international is the cheapest but you can't insure or track. I've used first class and haven't had problems and unless the item is really expensive, I'd probably do send it that way.

The cheapest trackable method is priority but you can't use small FRB or FRE. Any other priority packaging is fine. In your case for a lightweight item, I don't suggest flat rate. Use a regular box and shipping will probably be around $40. (Yikes! That's the cheapest trackable!) Express mail would be about $45.

First class is under $20 but again, not tracked.