Is UK Burberry sale never going to happen?

Gravitsap

Feb 18, 2016
:confused1::confused1:
When I was checking for summer sale and couldn’t find one, I thought that maybe I have missed it, or confused the dates. But also I couldn’t help, but a very bad feeling kept on growing in me in the light of recent years price increase..
This Christmas I went on line and my worst fears were confirmed.. Burberry Christmas sale was not there any more:amazed:
So is it really true? Has it gone, gone? Is it never going to happen?? I mean ever?:confused1::confused1::confused1:

Reactions: fabbie
Any one getting the feeling that luxury brands are getting out of hand? Fewer sales and while I understand prices go up, we have seen some very big price increases in one go…..

And yes I am well aware of the challenges for all businesses over the last two years.

I think it depends on how much they have left in their inventory.

I’m in the US and Burberry did have a private sale in-stores only around November. However it was mostly RTW. There were some SLGs and bags here and there but not as much as I remember in previous years.

Dior kind of does it based on inventory, they had a sale around late spring/early summer, a lot of shoes and RTW. However in December 2021, they had no sale at all (at least not in my location).

I was also once told that inventory varies by location and transfer of items depends on location policy. May want to check with a Burberry SA/CA at your location?

Any one getting the feeling that luxury brands are getting out of hand? Fewer sales and while I understand prices go up, we have seen some very big price increases in one go…..

And yes I am well aware of the challenges for all businesses over the last two years.
Little to no sales and proper stock level management is much better off from both an environmental and business standpoint.

Burberry does have sales in-store, but they hide the sale items in a back room. The sale should be over in Canada already, but around Black Friday, a friend of mine walked into the Yorkdale Burberry store and asked if anything was on sale, and was led to the back room where the pieces were 30% off. My brother had the same experience at the end of June this year at the Bloor Burberry flagship.

My Burberry SA said it was a private sale only. And it seems to be up to the discretion of the SA who gets to know.
When my husband and I were there and my SA told us, we were led to closet of the the private room in the back and we were literally the only people there. :whut: (Pre-pandemic it was not like this, I definitely recall at least a handful of people at the sale and it later went public 1-2 weeks later)

The selection was limited (especially in sizing) but like @Christofle said, ~65% off most items (I think bags were around 50% off in my location) My husband got a bomber jacket and I got a tuxedo blazer and wow, it was an incredible discount! :eek:

Edit: oh sorry, about the classic trench coats, no, none of those were on sale. But there were definitely some very classic-looking trench coats that were very nice. If I lived in a colder climate I would have definitely considered getting one haha.

:confused1::confused1:
When I was checking for summer sale and couldn’t find one, I thought that maybe I have missed it, or confused the dates. But also I couldn’t help, but a very bad feeling kept on growing in me in the light of recent years price increase..
This Christmas I went on line and my worst fears were confirmed.. Burberry Christmas sale was not there any more:amazed:
So is it really true? Has it gone, gone? Is it never going to happen?? I mean ever?:confused1::confused1::confused1:
Actually Burberry still has summer and winter sales, but not longer open to the public. Now Burberry only send an email with a private sale link to customer who has Burberry purchase history. Just buy something on Burberry website, do not forget to register an account with an email address. Then you will receive the links of every Burberry sale.

Reactions: jaskg144
Yes, it is now a private sale. For the winter sale it started on Monday, 13Nov2023.
In my location, California, the SA's will tell their VIP clients first and send them a private e-mail, make an appointment and send a reminder text the day of.
I'm not sure about a standard e-mail because I only get the private sale e-mails from my SA.

Bags are 30% off I think. I wasn't interested in the RTW, but I think they were around 30% off as well. Not as good as previous years sadly.

Reactions: jaskg144
I actually got the private sale (I'm in UK) email right before I came to check PurseForum! Just bought two pairs of shoes for Christmas gifts :blush:

Lots of RTW, bags & shoes at 30-40% off. Was surprised to see the classic rubber/canvas rain boots in the sale, but only had tiny sizes left :blah: