Is two or more months for a Neverfull handle repair reasonable, or should I ask for a replacement?

ElleVeeLover

Aug 29, 2018
I dropped off my Neverfull GM on April 1st (purchased in late September 2017) at the LV store because I was concerned with the handles. They were fraying pretty well, and I considered it to be a bit ridiculous for a bag that had been used a handful of times to be falling apart in just a few months.

After three weeks, I still had not heard anything, so I emailed my SA and asked. She promised that the repair associate would get back to me with an update. Never happened. I called again yesterday to the Client Services 800 number, and inquired about the repair status. The agent said that the bag had just appeared in their system that day, and was set to be repaired free of charge (as it should have been). When I asked when I can expect the bag back, he said another 4-6 weeks. Do you think this is a reasonable turnaround time (2 months) for a handle repair, or should they have replaced the bag?

Personally, yes. I have limited experience with LV repair but one time I needed a wallet edge re-glazed and that took a couple of months.

In another brand repair/service, Chanel takes ~1 month to change a watch battery. That is a simple job that I could do myself in 10 minutes but since I didn't want to mess with an expensive watch, I get it done through Chanel.

Reactions: Annabel Lee
I just sent my 3 month old Neverfull for inspection and possible repair and was told by the store manager that the window is 6-8 weeks, but newer bags like mine and yours go to the front of the queue.

A new date code, for a repair?

date code is when the bag is made, so they wouldn’t change it due to a repair

I know that, I am not new to LV. But sometimes they change the date code when doing bigger repairs :smile:

So I wanted to know if changing the zipper was seen as a big repair at LV. I believe that my mothers Bucket got a new date code after the lining was changed :smile:

I know that, I am not new to LV. But sometimes they change the date code when doing bigger repairs :smile:

So I wanted to know if changing the zipper was seen as a big repair at LV. I believe that my mothers Bucket got a new date code after the lining was changed :smile:
That’s different because the lining change disrupts the existing date code.

No need to tell me you’re not new to LV. My post wasn’t meant to be rude or condescending.