Is trashiness "in " right now or something?

irish_clover

Nov 11, 2007
I was just doing some thinking after an experience I had the other night. Everyone I grew up with and was friends with had similar values as me..last night some stuff happened that made me question if I am "weird " or something.

A bunch of girls I know who were all drinking were just acting super gross and disgusting. Like every other word out of their mouth was f**k this and C*** that. Don't get me wrong I have been known to use these words but only if I am really mad or really surprised at something then I will be like WTF?

Anyways they were doing things like burping out loud because they think it's funny and ( this is really gross) peeing out the back exit of the bar because it was too far to walk to the front washrooms. Even farting out loud as if it's the funniest thing in the world.

Mind you, I'm 25 now and some of these girls were a bit younger ( the youngest no more than a few years though) I think society is going downhill fast! My friends growing up never acted or said things like this.

One time one of these girls even said I'm prissy since I don't do stuff like this.

Well, was just wondering if anyone can relate to feeling weird in situations like this or not. I felt totally out of the loop the other night.

Did they grow up in a barn? I can assure you that the majority of society does not act like that. Maybe they were just intoxicated, trying to let loose, immature or a mix of all 3?
You're not weird for thinking their behavior is gross. I'm right there with you, and I probably would have left because I don't put up with stuff like that. Do you hang out with them a lot? You could distance yourself or hang out with a different group of friends.
I've had my share of stupid moments or acting like an ass in public, but there IS a line between trashy and appropriate.

I don't think it's necessarily fair or logical to extrapolate the behavior of one small group of girls on one night out to the larger downfall of society. Society isn't going anywhere, rude people have existed in every generation.

No I don't hang out with them a lot. I know the rest through one of the girls.
I just seems that things have changed a lot in the past 5 years ago..because my friends did not act like this when we were 20. but it's seems to be getting more common now ( young people acting really trashy like it's cool) and this is just an example.

OMG I sound old lol

Last edited:
Maybe over time you are meeting different people than you were previously. Sometimes the clientele of places shifts and you get different demographic groups patronizing a places. "Trashy" is one of those demographic groups who shifts their favorite locales (they aren't a socio-economic demographic, they are a "lifestyle habit" demographic, meaning they come from all walks of life in my terminology). I suspect that they are in the hunt for newer, greener pastures to relieve themselves on and fresh faces to offend like some sort of cloud of locusts or something.

Society around you as a whole didn't change. You just keep getting stuck in a room full of a demographic that you don't enjoy. Maybe next time you and your friends should try a different place to hang out?

I really kind of find this all hard to believe. But if your friends are really peeing out a back door and farting in a bar, then no, they're not in the majority and you should probably find new friends.

sounds like a bunch of people going through an early independence or early adulthood "phase." Do your friends only act this way when they're drinking?

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with "getting things out of your system" when you're younger, as long as it isn't illegal or causes injury or harm to others or to oneself. But if their behavior bothers you perhaps it's time to find other people to hang out with.

sounds like a bunch of people going through an early independence or early adulthood "phase." Do your friends only act this way when they're drinking?

Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with "getting things out of your system" when you're younger, as long as it isn't illegal or causes injury or harm to others or to oneself. But if their behavior bothers you perhaps it's time to find other people to hang out with.

My friend doesn't usually act this way. I don't know if her friends do or not, I don't see them that much.

while my fiancé and i cuss like it's going out of style and most people I've seen do...that part don't bother me but the rest of their behavior...just sounds very immature, silly and ridiculous...if you need to go to the restroom GO TO THE RESTROOM...only time you should do that is camping old school style or if it's a emergency and you have no other option. It's like people don't teach manners anymore things like burps and farts are going to happen it's a part of life but you don't do it on purpose and your supposed to say excuse me...i wouldn't even go around people who are acting that way in public, that would just be embarrassing for me and honestly I'd be embarrassed for them. However if these girls was drunk...the behavior wouldn't be that shocking but if they wasn't and they wasn't drinking at all...than they are of age to know better.

I haven't been noticing any rise in trashiness. maybe its because I don't care how other people behave, but only how I act, and how I behave according to my own morals.

I really kind of find this all hard to believe. But if your friends are really peeing out a back door and farting in a bar, then no, they're not in the majority and you should probably find new friends.

Why is it so hard to believe that people can and do act gross?

And like I said I only hang out with the one girl anyways, these were her friends not mine.
But yeah I wouldn't want to become close with them, that's for sure.

while my fiancé and i cuss like it's going out of style and most people I've seen do...that part don't bother me but the rest of their behavior...just sounds very immature, silly and ridiculous...if you need to go to the restroom GO TO THE RESTROOM...only time you should do that is camping old school style or if it's a emergency and you have no other option. It's like people don't teach manners anymore things like burps and farts are going to happen it's a part of life but you don't do it on purpose and your supposed to say excuse me...i wouldn't even go around people who are acting that way in public, that would just be embarrassing for me and honestly I'd be embarrassed for them. However if these girls was drunk...the behavior wouldn't be that shocking but if they wasn't and they wasn't drinking at all...than they are of age to know better.

See, you understand :smile: I totally agree that these things happen but you don't do them on purpose or just because you feel like it. I was also like "wow does anyone teach manners anymore"

Why is it so hard to believe that people can and do act gross?

And like I said I only hang out with the one girl anyways, these were her friends not mine.
But yeah I wouldn't want to become close with them, that's for sure.

Why is it hard to believe that people were peeing out of a backdoor because they were too lazy to go to the bathroom??

Are you serious?!