Is Tory Burch is on its way out...?

gail13

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
So has anyone else noticed Nordstrom Rack filled with TB shoes on sale? There are so many styles on clearance it makes your head spin. Today, my SA from Neimans told me they still have a ton of TB shoes to sell and he saw that as a big problem-they aren't moving. All I know is I don't really wanna buy these anymore-maybe the styles are too in your face with the big logos. It would be one thing if the shoes were really comfortable, but many are not. At the price point they are at, we should expect something special.....

Interesting! Where are you located?

My local Tory Burch can't keep enough shoes in stock at regular prices. My local NM only have size 8 or 9 and for very limited styles on sale.

And ppl had been lining up outside the San Fran store just to get into the store last time during F&F event.

So I want to know where you are located! Maybe I have been looking at wrong places!

^same here! I adore Tory Burch flats; they might be the comfiest shoes I own! I would love to find them on super sale, but the least expensive the classics (by that I mean the neutral colors) go are around just 20% off or so from what I've seen.

I feel like Tony Burch is at that weird price point...

It's not that expensive for it to be like an "elite"/"status" symbol pair of shoes like Louboutin, Chanel, Manolo, etc.

But Burch isn't cheap either.

Like Ivanka *****'s line- most of her shoes are in the $100 range so they're on the affordable side. They're fun shoes you can have fun with- def not a status symbol shoe but def something you can enjoy but I would never expect anything too much from them as in I wouldnt go through the trouble of zip-soling them etc.

Tony Burch is in that weird upper $100 to almost $300 price range. They aren't that affordable but they aren't thaaaat expensive.

And that ginormous TB logo- isn't really a "classic" statement. Thats not going to stand the test of time. Some of her simple- shoe sans her big huge logo are adorable :smile:

I'm in the same sorority as Tony Burch- so I've always wanted to support Tony Burch but at the same time I've never found anything appealing.

Again- that weird price point. Not expensive enough to be a "status symbol" piece yet not affordable that one would buy on a whim.

i have the desmond smoking slippers which u cant tell are tory burch unless u pick up my foot and stare. the logo is black like the shoe and tiny. they are complimented every time i wear them

that huge gold logo on her other shoes. just, no

Tory burch is at high street price points in UK. Same price range for LK Bennett. So they are all over the office.

But I do agree with you that their shoes and bags are too expensive. For $500, you can get some Burberry bags around this price range!

I feel like Tony Burch is at that weird price point...

It's not that expensive for it to be like an "elite"/"status" symbol pair of shoes like Louboutin, Chanel, Manolo, etc.

But Burch isn't cheap either.

Like Ivanka *****'s line- most of her shoes are in the $100 range so they're on the affordable side. They're fun shoes you can have fun with- def not a status symbol shoe but def something you can enjoy but I would never expect anything too much from them as in I wouldnt go through the trouble of zip-soling them etc.

Tony Burch is in that weird upper $100 to almost $300 price range. They aren't that affordable but they aren't thaaaat expensive.

And that ginormous TB logo- isn't really a "classic" statement. Thats not going to stand the test of time. Some of her simple- shoe sans her big huge logo are adorable :smile:

I'm in the same sorority as Tony Burch- so I've always wanted to support Tony Burch but at the same time I've never found anything appealing.

Again- that weird price point. Not expensive enough to be a "status symbol" piece yet not affordable that one would buy on a whim.

Tory burch is at high street price points in UK. Same price range for LK Bennett. So they are all over the office.

But I do agree with you that their shoes and bags are too expensive. For $500, you can get some Burberry bags around this price range!

Well I'm not that surprised to hear that Tory Burch is at the high street price points in UK since it is imported from the US- although I don't think its on the same par as LK Bennett. I would take LK Bennett over Tory Burch any day.

Also I would take Burberry over Tory Burch any day- especially if they are at the same price point.

btw does anyone know where Tory Burch manufactures their goods? I've been under the impression their manufacture it in China, but I'm not sure.

I've heard from one of their SA's that they use the same saffiano leather as Prada does- so its supposedly good quality leather- but then again if you go on the Prada forum theres pretty bad reviews on the quality of their saffiano leather. Also just because they use the same leather- doesn't mean they go through the same process/treatment...

I think the Eddies are extremely comfortable and am therefore more drawn to those over the Revas.
That being said, maybe stock is slow-moving because many people who wanted a pair (or five) already own them and therefore no longer feel the need for more pairs.