Is Togo leather getting thinner.....

so interesting...my Blue Jean Togo Birkin 35 (not sure which stamp year it is but i got it in 2008) is much thicker and less floppy and the grain is more apparent to the touch--like you can feel the grain pretty easily...whereas my new Graphite Togo Birkin 35...if it is empty (and this is after like 3 days of getting it) i can push it over from the back and it will just flop right over in the front--which i had previously only seen possible with my friend's very used clemence Birkin bags!

i was so surprised, also the leather on the Graphite Togo Birkin feels much thinner...i started worrying i got a clemence and the bag was tagged wrong or something...i still plan to bring it by Hermes in Beverly Hills this week just to check and confirm i DID get the togo Birkin i thought i bought (i didnt buy from Hermes BH)...cos its starting to be more like a clemence leather on my Jypsieres than the Togo Blue Jean Birkin i have from a few years ago...that bag i tried to push over from the back before and i dont recall it ever just flopping over even when i tried LOL...the grain on the Graphite togo is also less apparent, feels more smooth and soft...

btw has anyone ever received a tag for their Birkin or Hermes bags--those Hermes white cardboard tags that are on the Orange Box labeling the color, leather, size etc--that was wrong...like it said one leather or color and in actuality the bag inside was a different color or leather/size than marked?

This is a good thread. I was wondering the same thing too. I was looking at my birkin 30 L stamp and it was very thick and sturdy. And I saw and felt my friend's Birkin 35 togo P stamp and I thought it was clemence because it was really soft to the touch.

I wonder if it's just because of the grain size? Baby grain will be stiffer and bigger grain will be softer? Or they are trying to make the bag lighter across the board?

I mentioned to an SA that I heard the new Fjord is lighter than the old, and his response was "I would not be surprised. I think they are trying to make ALL leathers lighter across the board."

I just got my first 30 B in Black togo. It came across my mind that it is clemence. I put it side by side my clemence lindy and they do look alike. I thought was just me over reacting to my first B. I guess I am not alone.

My togo B, O stamp, is a good classic thick togo. My Lindy clemence, P stamp, is so stereo type clemence. They are distinctly difference I see clear difference between the two. As my B stamp graphite Christine fjord is like an iron, it probably will still be in same shape a truck run over it five times. I do see a clear difference in the edge sealing rubber quality though, B stamp is so sturdy. For my recent collections, I am thinking about getting twillies to protect the handles. Sealants look less durable.

this effect has been noted before having a very good source at H i asked very much for the truth on the matter since i had ordered a pink togo that came like this and refused the bag for general dislike of the bag itself but mostly because of the leather as i asked this person explained that there is no change on togo its simply a question of one or other batches of hides that may be more crisp and thin as opposed to rich and thicker but she was also keen on explaining that for that matter if they were interested in a more thinck leather it would be best to buy clemence or fjord but that some bags have this effect even on Box some have are thicker but point is its not a new issue

My O stamp togo birkin is much thinner and slouchier than my N stamp clemence Kelly. Fortunately I have the divide and conquer liner which has really helped it keep it's shape. I also always lay it on it's side when I'm not using it. I think I'm going to go for fjord from now on, or at least until I see an improvement in togo. It's a little disappointing.

i have purchased two togos this year both excellent !!! just as a positive note.... i just think its a batch ..... but...... it is unacceptable for quality to fall