Is this worth the price? Coach Edie 28 pebbled leather?

odonono

Jan 6, 2013
https://poshmark.com/listing/Coach-Edie-Pebble-Leather-28-BRAND-NEW-5913a9635a49d084d7004103

So this is for sale on Poshmark but I live literally like 5 miles away from the seller. So I'm thinking about contacting her to see about meeting up in person so I can see the bag. I've never had a Coach bag..the only designer bag I have is a Dooney Florentine Satchel. How does the leather compare for quality? I don't want to waste the ladies time if it's totally not worth that amount.

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
May 7, 2012
The pebbled leather used in on Edie bags is nice, but since you mentioned the Florentine, it's not Florentine leather. It is much lighter weight and more like Dooney's pebbled leather line in terms of rating. I couldn't see the listing from your link, it took me to some page called Viglink for Ebay?

Reactions: odonono

odonono

Jan 6, 2013
The pebbled leather used in on Edie bags is nice, but since you mentioned the Florentine, it's not Florentine leather. It is much lighter weight and more like Dooney's pebbled leather line in terms of rating. I couldn't see the listing from your link, it took me to some page called Viglink for Ebay?
Huh for some reason you have to click through that..under the viglink think it says "continue to poshmark". How annoying! Thank you for your input! So do you think the lighter weight Coach leather is more fragile? May not be the bag for me then.

CoachMaven

Unintentional Trendsetter...
May 7, 2012
It's not fragile, per se, it's just not that thicker, chewy leather like the Florentine is. It is nice leather, definitely can be used for daily wear. Bonus- the pebbled leathers are less prone to scratches.

Jul 9, 2009
The colour is stunning and doesn't appear to be going on sale if you love it go for it- buying another colour just because it is on sale is never a good move

christinemliu

Dec 4, 2014
East Coast
Another option is stopping by a Coach store or one of the department stores that carry Coach like Macy's, Bloomies, Lord & Taylor and petting the pebbled leather to see what you think. CoachMaven is on point with the texture and quality between the two leathers. Florentine leather is quite "hearty" but it's heavy, Coach pebbled is lighter yet durable, so easy to carry. Both are pretty soft and develop character the more you carry them. IMHO maybe the Florentine becomes a bit more smooshy and Coach leather holds its shape a bit better.

Jan 13, 2015
In the Paddock
Overpriced. I owned an Edie 28 but in red, the leather is okay... i managed to buy mine as a delete at the factory store... i didn't like the open design my weather is terrible here more than nice so it literately snowed into my bag lol.

I'd watch Coach itself as said the same style is on sale.. for less.

Hobbsy

Sofa King Banned
Apr 11, 2015
That's not a bad price, I don't think. It's really a pretty color, not sure I've seen that one before. Plus it's brand new. If you love the color I say snatch it!