Is this where I should post about Chloe Handbag Trademark Infringement?

caitvee

Feb 25, 2012
I recently saw an online shopping instagram company post bags that are just blatant rip offs of the Chloe handbag line, especially the iconic Drew bag... I've sent an email to the general Richemont brand that owns Chloe, amongst several other luxury brands, but I'm not sure where to go from there. The store is called "Huxley and Harper" and the website is https://huxleyandharper.com/. I mean it's so blatant I cannot even believe it. As someone who invests in the authentic brand, it's infuriating, too.

Thinking there may be resources on this page... if it's elsewhere, feel free to move or let me know! I appreciate it.

I recently saw an online shopping instagram company post bags that are just blatant rip offs of the Chloe handbag line, especially the iconic Drew bag... I've sent an email to the general Richemont brand that owns Chloe, amongst several other luxury brands, but I'm not sure where to go from there. The store is called "Huxley and Harper" and the website is https://huxleyandharper.com/. I mean it's so blatant I cannot even believe it. As someone who invests in the authentic brand, it's infuriating, too.

Thinking there may be resources on this page... if it's elsewhere, feel free to move or let me know! I appreciate it.
I think that as long as they aren't putting the name Chloe on the bag, they aren't violating any laws. I know its infuriating, and I also personally don't like bags that are inspired or downright copies of other bags.

Sorry but tons of companies sell 'inspired' by bags legally. If they don't use the Chloe name on their bags then I guess it's up to the Chloe brand to determine if they have legal recourse here.

I got a response from the Richemont team and they are taking action. Even though it's not a "replica" being framed as a real Chloe bag, it's an infringement on their intellectual property and trademark design. Honestly, most of the "inspired by" companies are likely infringing on real deisgner intellectual property, it's just a matter of whether the overarching companies (like Richemont or LVMH Hennessy Moët) either discover this and have use either in house compliance or outside counsel to stop it. I'll be interested to see if they get shut down.

I went to law school, and while I work in corporate finance I just can't help but intervene when I see blatant trademark violations, haha.