Is this website legitimate??

Iluvbags

The original Iluvbags
O.G.
Oct 18, 2005
While surfing the net i came across the website "mulberrycity.com". they claim to sell authentic designer names at 60-80% off. Is this site legit? :suspiciou
It can't be. Check out the site and tell me what you think.

Well, according to them:

Authenticity Guarantee

We proudly stand behind the authenticity and quality of all merchandise sold on our site. We guarantee each and every product offered for sale on our site to be brand new, genuine and authentic.

Our merchandise is the same as those sold in the respective designers' or brands' boutiques, except that we are offering them to you at substantially lower prices. All our merchandise is purchased from reputable resellers and authorized vendors with whom we have established enduring relationships.

DesignerLuxury further guarantees that all merchandise sold is free from defects and in good condition as all items are thoroughly checked before delivery to customers.

To ensure safe delivery, your order is carefully packed and sent by reputable courier services with tracking information and is insured against loss or damage during shipment.

If for some reason you are not totally satisfied with the product you receive, we have a 30-day money back guarantee return policy if the purchased item is returned unused, in original condition and packaging as received, within the 30-day period. All we ask is that you inform us within 1 week of receipt if you would like to return the merchandise.

But they don't even have their own checkout system - they use PAYPAL! This makes me nervous and it basically screams "fly by night." So who knows if the site will even be up in 30 days.

They offer a money back guarantee. But their checkout system is Paypal, they don't have any sort of shopping cart system set up. If it turned out that the bags were fake it would be a hassle to file a claim with Paypal and go through the entire chargeback process. I'm a bit skeptical about the site :suspiciou

I went on www.epinion.com to look up your online store and found NOTHING on it. Scary!!! Epinion.com is a site where customers post their comments/opinions about certain products and online stores regarding their qualities, services, etc. You get to hear the good and bad of each store. Stores like ebay, bluefly, amazon already have over 1000 comments from consumers.

Or you can try the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) and look them up.

There are tons of online sites that claim they sell authentic stuff when they are really selling the fakes. I think when it is too good to be true, it probably is.

i've came across the site before jus browsing the web for different purses. however, i've never purchased because i wasn't too sure of the authenticity of the products.