Is this Vernis line Plastic???

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    So I am lusting after the stunning Vernis Alma, after showing my boyfriend he asked is it leather? I said, well when i was in the store and someone asked, the SA replied "no its a vernis" so i told him and he laughed :sad: he said its basically a marketing tool and it is plastic. I mean I know the canvas line very well and I believe it is way more durable and lasting than leather, as we all know, so when people b**** about my bags not even being leather im quick to explain how no, its better than leather. So what is this "vernis" I hate people that put a damper on my LV spirits! Need a good answer to come back at him, lool! And anyone else that gets on my back. grrrr! Thanks all for your input! :smile:

2. It's patent leather, I just checked my vernis stuff. It's labeled as "varnished calf leather".

3. ^:yes: It's coated leather.

Definitely not plastic.

4. hahaaaaa! Thank you so much ladies, feel a whole lot better now. I just told him, he said are you sure? loool! Yes darling! 10 points for me. God its some job backing up this hobby of mine! Too many people not supporting me, i love you tpfers!
    :sweatdrop:

5. I feel your pain! My fiance does not get the whole LV thing, but he has given up trying to get it! Hope you get your bag!

6. I was wondering the same... I thought it was leather but wasn't sure...

7. It described as calf leather on the LV website...

8. Yes, Vernis is definitely patent leather; calf leather as others have posted.

9. Yes, it's leather! Maybe there was confusion because the miroir is vynil that is not leather!

10. Definitely leather!

11. #11 Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
    ya it is leather, if it were plastic I think it had not been so soft

12. It's beautiful coated leather, everything should be made out of Vernis! haha. :biggrin:

13. the vernis line does have a certain elegance to it. I'm thinking of buying another discontinued vernis bag online.

14. It's varnished leather.

15. definitely calf leather, yes with a layer of varnish- was educated by an experienced person at LV recently.