Is this usual for chanel classic flap?

calla.lilie

Dec 21, 2018
Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. I bought myself a brand new chanel classic flap (medium) through a personal shopper based in UK. I’m from Manila Philippines, no Chanel here unfortunately and I got the bag today. When I looked at my new bag, within minutes I can feel/see that there is something that isn’t quite right about it. And so I brought out my other chanel classic in jumbo and small to compare. Lo and behold I found out that my brand new medium does not have a FLAT base, the base looks slanted so when the bag is placed down the table it looks like it’s leaning forward. Naturally Im upset that propelled me to sign up to this forum to ask you guys your opinion. I’ll attach the pictures so you can see if it’s just me guys or is my classic medium really have a problem? And let’s not even talk about the leather quality of their caviar lately! I’m so disappointed, really! To think I was even aware of their quality issues lately, but hoping against hope I thought I’ll be exempted from their issues!
Anyway I told my personal shopper about it and she told me that before she chose this bag, she inspected and rejected a lot of medium classic flap in the store. Anyway we can have this exchanged but the problem is my personal shopper is on her vacation now and will get back to have it exchanged after the exchange period (14days) have lapsed. She is now emailing Chanel now about it for their consideration given that the problem was discovered within days of purchase, the only problem is when to get the bag all the way back to UK.
Anyway please see the bag, especially its base. (Btw, the bag in question is Chanel classic flap in medium, ghw and caviar leather, it’s placed in the middle among the 3 bags.) if you have a similar problem as mine, do let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• 56DB8CEE-31C9-4AF9-BAF5-B787D7FBD5B5.jpeg
    56DB8CEE-31C9-4AF9-BAF5-B787D7FBD5B5.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 1,793
  • 1C66B3F8-4005-4781-B7FC-E0FBB371DE02.jpeg
    1C66B3F8-4005-4781-B7FC-E0FBB371DE02.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,779
  • F9FA3906-6C7C-4680-BB9A-578B3F38BFBD.jpeg
    F9FA3906-6C7C-4680-BB9A-578B3F38BFBD.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 1,779
  • 41C1CD22-07E9-46CE-835D-FAFBA601798F.jpeg
    41C1CD22-07E9-46CE-835D-FAFBA601798F.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 1,766
Last edited:
Also you’ll notice on the front view pics that the eyelet (circle rings) of both Jumbo and small faces upward, whereas you can see the eyelet of the medium facing front. Goes to show that it is leaning forward due to the slanted base.

I’ve also noticed this additional issue on my medium flap. Please see attached medium compared to Jumbo. The stitching of 1 or 2 diamonds at the back of the medium are not aligned with its back pocket. While the jumbo’s are aligned. If I dont know better I would have thought this is a super fake!

Attachments

• 46A24352-9E2B-4C5B-932E-FF72EEFBA165.jpeg
    46A24352-9E2B-4C5B-932E-FF72EEFBA165.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,611
Yes, I see what you mean about your ML flap leaning forward and the stitching of the back pocket not lining up to the stitches to the back of your bag. I don't like that the stitches don't line up and it shows the lack of quality control on Chanel's part. The front grommets on my bag does face frontwards slightly like yours and not upward but I don't have the slanted base issue you have.

It is unfortunate that you don't have a store to go try these on and pick the best one. I had a recent experience with purchasing my ML and I went through 8 freshly shipped straight from the warehouse ML flaps and was utterly shocked with the quality. Because I wanted the bag so much, I picked the best one. A couple of the bags I viewed had the issues you have on your bag and it was no for me. I hope you are able to exchange but it seems to be a roll of the dice of what the quality will be these days.

Reactions: Cate14
I’ve also noticed this additional issue on my medium flap. Please see attached medium compared to Jumbo. The stitching of 1 or 2 diamonds at the back of the medium are not aligned with its back pocket. While the jumbo’s are aligned. If I dont know better I would have thought this is a super fake!

Return it .
Get in touch with your bank , credit card , Paypal , or whoever you used for the transaction to start refund proceedings .

Reactions: Cate14