Is THIS TRUE? Re: Datecodes in LV pieces

1. I am watching an eBay auction which is selling a Silver Spring Street Purse and it looks pretty authenticate to me but I asked the seller a question regarding the date code on the handbag and she replied with:

There is no sequence of letters/numbers. I have spoken with various LV stores and they told me that not every style had them. My items are 100% authentic. Thank you for your interest.

Is this TRUE? I am pretty sure the last auction I was watching had a DATE CODE on the purse! But now I'm questioning myself...... anyone?

Thank you all in advance for your help!!:flowers:

2. It's true that not LV pieces have a date code...but I'm pretty sure the Spring Street does. The seller probably isn't very knowledgeable about Louis Vuitton and can't find the date code, so she/he just said that there is no date code on the piece.

3. Thanks for your quick reply, Karman!!

4. ^^ hope this helps

[​IMG]

5. Every standard handbag I've run across has a datecode. Limited edition pieces will have a different set of numbers. Possibly an SO won't, and maybe special production and prototype pieces won't. A Spring Street definitely would.

However, as most fakes insist on having a datecode prominently displayed, and some datecodes are hard to find, or read, I always take it as a good sign if someone can't find one! :lol:

6. I think the vintage pieces ie from the 80s wouldn't have date codes?
    Even my porte monnaie plat has date code, so I think every piece after the 90s should have date codes...I just can't find the date code on my PMP.

7. Some of them are very hard to see & if the bag was used a lot it may have worn down the code a little, making it even harder to see. When you call LV & ask aboout date codes they always seem to say that not all bags have a date code, I think that is their way of trying to keep info away from the fakers. I would send her a request pointing out to her where she can find the code & asking her to look again.

8. Thank you everyone for all the help!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice