is this true about de and da?

luvspurses

O.G.
Mar 9, 2008
i was watching a youtube video earlier and one of the comments said that da and de are silkscreened whereas the mono print was in the canvas itself. is this true. the comment said that this is why you see rub off of pattern on the da and de, but not on mono. sorry if this is a silly question.

that's what i had thought, that the print was in the canvas. i assumed mono and de and da were all manufactured the same way. i am thinking that the comment saying it was silk screened was untrue. that would make more sense.

luvspurses said:
that's what i had thought, that the print was in the canvas. i assumed mono and de and da were all manufactured the same way. i am thinking that the comment saying it was silk screened was untrue. that would make more sense.

You are correct. The statement was untrue and the person must have been confused. The DE pattern was actually the first LV canvas print. It is not silkscreened. The canvas is made the same way as mono, as is azur.

Interesting thread. I've noticed that both damier and monogram prints can rub off especially in sharp corners of the bags. It's more noticeable in DA and DE bags though because the pattern is all over the canvas. It's not any major concern though.

Interesting thread. I've noticed that both damier and monogram prints can rub off especially in sharp corners of the bags. It's more noticeable in DA and DE bags though because the pattern is all over the canvas. It's not any major concern though.

Any bag will wear on the corners, including leather. Most do.

thanks charleston mom for clearing up this confusion. i suspected this was the case but figured i would put it to the experts!

The only canvas that I know is silkscreened is Multicolor... And the Watercolor and Monogramouflage, where they silkscreen the colors and patterns as for the the more traditional prints, definitely not silkscreened