Is this too fancy for everyday?/how to make good use of fancier jewellery

Peepip

Nov 15, 2017
Please excuse my unmanicured fingers...I was recently handed down these beautiful earrings from my grandmother but I rarely, if ever have any nicer occasions to wear jewellery like this.
Do you think it’s too much to wear on a normal day? They’re too beautiful to just sit in a safe but I feel like people are so casual these days it would be too out of place!

Any advice or encouragement for getting more wear out of your fancy jewellery??

Attachments

• 7E0AD225-9837-4E75-91EA-2C1CAD9C9B2B.jpeg
    7E0AD225-9837-4E75-91EA-2C1CAD9C9B2B.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 991
Reactions: hja and lasttrain
They're lovely! I'd just wear them anyway - always better to be overdressed than underdressed. If you're worried about them being over the top, then I think they'd look chic with a simple outfit, like a nice white shirt and jeans.

Thank you! I would never have thought to pair them with a simple, casual outfit, but that’s a really great idea!!

Reactions: lasttrain
Beautiful earrings! I agree--they could definitely be worn with a nice casual outfit--keep it simple (like the jeans/white shirt look) so the earrings are the "show."

Heck, I'd be wearing them around the house while wearing my overalls/t-shirt and be looking at them in the mirror all day long :P.

Reactions: prepster
Those are beautiful earrings & they're not "over the top". I think they're versatile &can be worn for many occasions from dressy to casual. They would look great with a cute top & jeans, a sundress, leggings, boots & vest for fall, sweater & pants, the list goes on. Wear them & enjoy them!!

Reactions: prepster
I loooooove big fancy earrings. It's a fabulous look with classic casual!!!
I agree. I would wear these earrings with an understated outfit for a casual chic/luxe look. Maybe some simple skinny ankle leg jeans and a nice simple blouse or white vneck with heeled booties or really cute flats. Add a shawl and super chic handbag to complete the look! Definitely would look great with a bun (low bun to be exact).

I agree. I would wear these earrings with an understated outfit for a casual chic/luxe look. Maybe some simple skinny ankle leg jeans and a nice simple blouse or white vneck with heeled booties or really cute flats. Add a shawl and super chic handbag to complete the look! Definitely would look great with a bun (low bun to be exact).

Absolutely!

I have a substantial hair pin that works magic. It basically looks like two tines of a fork, except it's rose gold. With it, I can do a messy bun or ersatz chignon in five seconds. I cannot recommend it strongly enough, it was worth what I paid at Bergdorfs for it ($100?) as I use it almost daily. And wearing my hair up sets off all my big earrings! [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Reactions: prepster and Peepip
Absolutely!

I have a substantial hair pin that works magic. It basically looks like two tines of a fork, except it's rose gold. With it, I can do a messy bun or ersatz chignon in five seconds. I cannot recommend it strongly enough, it was worth what I paid at Bergdorfs for it ($100?) as I use it almost daily. And wearing my hair up sets off all my big earrings! [emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

Oh wow I’m trying to picture the fork but I’m having trouble. I am growing out my hair, it’s about shoulder length now and I’m so excited to be able to put it into a bun!