Is this the Final Sale stamp?

I bought this (it's a Whiskey Ali) from the coach outlet yesterday, and after reading one of the other threads regarding the FS stamp, i checked out my bag, and sure enough, there it is! The sales associates never mentioned anything about it to me; but it almost looks like it says SF instead of FS? Here's a pic, its the stamp in the top right corner that is partially obstructed by the outlet "bullseye" stamp. Thanks in advance :smile:

2mchoaf.jpg

I bought this (it's a Whiskey Ali) from the coach outlet yesterday, and after reading one of the other threads regarding the FS stamp, i checked out my bag, and sure enough, there it is! The sales associates never mentioned anything about it to me; but it almost looks like it says SF instead of FS? Here's a pic, its the stamp in the top right corner that is partially obstructed by the outlet "bullseye" stamp. Thanks in advance :smile:

I wonder why they would do that?

Yes, that is an ES=Employee Sale. My understanding is Coach will not warranty these, not positive on this.. but that is very odd they sold it to you. I would take it back and request a new one, even if they have to transfer it. :yes: Maybe an employee bought it and then returned it. :shrugs:

I wonder when they do use the stamp?? I work at a full price store and none of my purchases have been stamped. I have seen a final sale stamp and it was actually an X and not an FS. We accidently took it back in the store and had to send it back to the outlet. Killed me too because it was a khaki/gold ali!!! I looked and I swear I couldn't find anything wrong with it!

I would try and exchange it because if anything goes wrong with it they cannot repair it.

wow i didn't even know there was an employee stamp, but now that I look it definitely does look like an E. I wonder why it's backwards?

anyway, thanks for all the input! Would I be able to take it to a full-price store (the outlet is near my house and I'm away for school now) and have them do something about it? I do have my receipt if that would be an issue.

I had bought a purse and wallet in the past with the FS stamp and they had a distinct "F" in the FS. Also, they had a tag attached to them that said that the bag was final sale with a reason as to why (like what the defect or problem was). That is interesting to hear about the employee sale stamp. I had never heard of that.

I wonder when they do use the stamp?? I work at a full price store and none of my purchases have been stamped. I have seen a final sale stamp and it was actually an X and not an FS. We accidently took it back in the store and had to send it back to the outlet. Killed me too because it was a khaki/gold ali!!! I looked and I swear I couldn't find anything wrong with it!

I would try and exchange it because if anything goes wrong with it they cannot repair it.

I have bought some bags from Marshalls and Maxx that have the "X" stamp, and I was told that they had the X stamp only because they were discontinued items now being sold elsewhere (and this was to prevent full retail return), but does not mean that Coach will not repair them. Can you please confirm this, as if this is the case, then I would really have to come back on Marshalls and Maxx for not disclosing this. Actually every bag I have found with an X have been older styles, but the bags have mostly been in perfect condition.

The only times I've seen "seconds" or damaged bags at these places are my recent trips where I saw a bunch of the Hamptons white leather/sig bags that had a pinkish-purple transfer along the zipper. Three different stores had a these bags with the same transfer, along with others just like it that were in perfect condition. I'm not sure what was stamped on the creed because I didn't bother looking, but I've bought many bags with no stamp or just the bullseye....very rarely with the X, although they do exist.

I bought 3 bags from TJM. (Returned one) All had the "X" on the creed in upper left corner. One of the bags was missing the leather hangtag and the turnlocks on the pockets are a little scratched. The other one has a scratch on the Coach snaphead on the front pocket. Otherwise, good and beautiful.