Is this sweater too big on me? Help

izaku0608

O.G.
Jan 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I most recently purchased my second piece of RTW from Hermès. My first piece was a size 34 which I believe is meant for a tighter fit. I saw the new sweater in the Bride De Cour design and fell in love. I like my sweaters a little oversize fit so initially I asked my SA for a 36. She said they had very limited inventory for this piece and the only size she had was 38. She said if I wanted to get the 36 I would had to pay in full and there's likely a minimum wait of 3 months and not a guarantee. So in the end I settled for the 38. At first glance I felt okay about the 38 and because I didn't wanna wait I took it home. Now I am having second thoughts but I still really love the sweater! Curious to know what you guys think I should do. Does the sweater look too big? For reference, I am 5'4 and I am usually 0 to 2 in US size. Thank you!

IMG_20200925_094820_443.jpg

IMG_20200925_094845_662.jpg

IMG_20200925_094955_127.jpg

I think the body of it looks fine from the front if you are going for an oversized look, but the arms and rear shoulder area looks too big. Sorry. :sad: Hope your SA can find the right size!

I personally don’t think it looks big at all... looks great! I love oversized sweaters w leggings or skinny jeans... but if you’re having second thoughts, it’s best to try to find a size 36.

I’m with the too big crowd. BUT, there are so many opinions that you can see lots of people say it’s fine. If you
like how it looks keep it. Give it a few days and a few more try ones before you decide.

If you tend to wear sweaters with leggings, the bigger the better :smile: BUT it's a consciously oversized look. I think this size looks fine as a casual piece with skinny bottoms. If you want a fitted sweater I'd try for the 34. Totally different and depends on the look you want. It's also, is this out for lunch or to work with trousers? Again, different look. Sometimes I buy sweaters in 2 sizes if I love them - I have some in XXS and in L depending on how I want to wear.