Is this suspicious? eBay related

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all. I bought a Speedy Bandouliere on eBay advertised as brand new and it had a lot of pics, looked legit, and had a photo of the receipt dated as Jan of 2014. I messaged the seller asking for the date code, and she said it was FH 0018. Would that mean it was from 2008? :wtf: And just bought last month? Or am I reading this code wrong? I'm concerned. :thinking:

2. Have you get it authenticated? If it's authentic then I would not worry about when the bag was made!

3. i would definitely have it authenticated. i don't actually know when they started making the speedy bandouliere, but i thought it was just a few years ago. that date code would cause me concern for that reason and for the fact that it does not match the receipt. you can post in the authenticate thread and i would do so asap. hope it all works out for you. best of luck.

4. It definitely wasn't around in 2008. It was released in 2011, if I'm not mistaken. Avoid that!

5. I replied to you in the authentication thread :smile:

6. Ahh I knew it was fairly recent but I wasn't sure of the year.

Thanks so much for your help everyone. :biggrin:

7. You need to take a clear photo of the date code, heat stamp etc.. the pertinent details and post them. Always authenticate pre-loved purchases. :smile: Sometimes sellers misread, mistype, or else it is a fake.

8. OP - did you resolve this?

9. Yes, the seller was very defensive but thankfully she refunded me before she had the chance to ship it out.

Lesson learned about jumping the gun due to a good price ( :blush: ), and placed an order on the LV website today instead. :tup:

10. Next time, please post in the Authenticate This LV thread, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.