Is this supposed to happen? Glazing? 6 Key Holder.

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I bought this Valentine's Day. I use it and it stays in a separate compartment away of any other SLG. I am not hard on this thing. I don't often head to LV and when I do I have only bought SLG new. Today I noticed coming home from dropping my son at school - it looks like the glazing is coming off. See the "white looking threads". I tried to capture it. Also by the key bar - I added another photo. Is the canvas supposed to edge away like that? It was that way right from the start but I figured it was just like that. However now with the glazing - it seems odd. Thoughts?

Thanks!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456929216.388280.jpg - the part by the part - see how it sticks up? Especially toward the right side?

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456929225.953370.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456929234.771157.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456929244.270537.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456929254.239041.jpg

See it? Starts from the top corners all the way down the edge?

2. Hi: Sorry this is happening to your new 6 Key Holder. I have that very same one and I don't have any wear on it like that. I purchased mine on January 4, 2016.

I throw my 6 Key Holder into my Speedy B 40 every day. I put it in my coat pocket sometimes with other things in it. I haven't seen this reaction on my 6 Key Holder yet. It looks like it could be from friction wear. If you put it in and out of a small space this could possibly happen I guess. Also LV says watch the hand lotions, perfumes and hand sanitizers as these things may have a reaction with the bag or SLG's glazing, leather and or canvas. LOL! I was told this at the LV store when I got my first, and only at the moment, LV bag. I just smiled and nodded. I had been doing research on LV since 2012, I knew this already. LOL!

I'm super new to Louis Vuitton and I've been reading things on this site from people who are knowledgeable and have been extremely helpful to me. One thing I've learned is that LV items are not infallible. That being said, I would take this in to the LV store you bought it from and show it to them and see what they have to say about it. It could get worse or it could stay the same, either way, take it in if it really bothers you.

My Speedy B 40 has a glazing fraying issue on its handles when I got it. It's not really bad, but I noticed it a few days later. I know I had nothing to do with that. I didn't want to part with my bag as I had not only just got it, it is my first LV and I loved it so much. I still notice the little small clear glaze threads on the handles but it didn't bother me when I saw it and it doesn't bother me now. If I had an LV I could carry in place of it, I would have turned it in to be repaired before it gets too bad, but I didn't and don't so I'll wait until I get my next LV and then I'll turn this one in even if it means I have to pay for a repair. I don't want it to get worse, although I don't see that happening any time soon.

If you think it'll get worse, take it in when you can. Good luck with your beautiful 6 Key Holder.

3. Thanks for replying. I do so love it. It's so pretty I am surprised to see wear on it already. Since it stays by itself there is not rubbing off. I do stay clear of hand lotions and such like that. I even cleared out another spot in the car so it doesn't get tossed around. It's a lot for a small thing. I don't want it to look crappy and worn so soon. Hmmmmm. I do have the stores and SA info. Wonder if I should call. We have 14 days for a refund and 30 days for exchange or store credit right?

Does yours have the separation from the bar on top as well?

4. You can exchange or return within 30 days and a full refund within 14 days. That's what it says on one of my receipts.

Here is what my 6 Key Holder looks like:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456934800.085299.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456934815.841785.jpg

I think the separation is normal as to how it's put together. You can see the metal bar under where the key rings are on the other side of the leather holding the key ring bar in place. That's a handy little area back there.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1456935060.720512.jpg

5. Interesting. Yours does not bulge out the same way mine does when completely closed. Ahhhhh. It's such a pretty little piece!

6. OH! I see what you mean. I thought you had some items in that area in the back and that was why yours was shaped like that. Hmmmmm. I'd take it in. This could have been a used item that they resold as it was in re-sellable condition according to them. They do that. I think my Speedy B 40 was probably a return but it was in new condition when I bought it save for the glazing issue that I noticed later! LOL!!

My Nano Monogram bracelet I just got has a little glazing thread issue as well. I was thinking I should return it but I fell in love with it and have been wearing it. It's mine now until the two threads become an issue. I actually pulled them off so I don't see them now and the glazing is okay so I'm currently satisfied with it.

7. Hmmmm. Yeah I think I might take it in. I do have time. I can do an exchange. Thanks for the help. Yeah nothing back there it just kinda sticks up. It was in the so play case. I should have asked for a new one from the back in a box. They were literally closing.