Is this speedy glazing normal?

Yes, I hate the cloth tags. I don't think it will affect the functionality or be a problem. I don't know if I should consider it big enough reason to exchange it.
I uploaded a picture. I am talking about the glazing on the right side of the handle. I hope this helps. Rest of the handles are ok.

It's not the glazing that is imperfect, but the leather got wrinkled while the end of the handle was sewn together. This causes the glazing to be wider. It is a very common effect, 1-2 out of 10 handles end up like this while being manufactured. But Vuitton is really strict when it comes to quality, and to be honest, I rarely ever see handles like this in-store. Again, this is a minor issue, but this is your first bag, so if I were you, I would try to get another one. Or, even better: if they don't offer you an exchange, you can always ask them for a 'repair' to replace the handle It costs money, but this way you will have an impeccable bag and a Made in France bag ;)

You are definitelly overreacting regarding the "imperfection". Another, more important point is, that a bag purchased abroad cannot be returned in the US...

I am trying to possibly exchange it, not return it. The problem is I have not been able to find a made in France bag here. I am kind of attached to this bag already.:shocked:

It's not the glazing that is imperfect, but the leather got wrinkled while the end of the handle was sewn together. This causes the glazing to be wider. It is a very common effect, 1-2 out of 10 handles end up like this while being manufactured. But Vuitton is really strict when it comes to quality, and to be honest, I rarely ever see handles like this in-store. Again, this is a minor issue, but this is your first bag, so if I were you, I would try to get another one. Or, even better: if they don't offer you an exchange, you can always ask them for a 'repair' to replace the handle It costs money, but this way you will have an impeccable bag and a Made in France bag ;)

Thanks for taking the time and explaining me the problem. :smile: I wonder if I would be able to request to exchange the handle for free since the bag is purchased 2 weeks ago. I went in my local store yesterday and they offered to exchange the bag without any questions. However, all the speedies they had in stock were made in USA. They had like a thin line on the outer side of the glazing where the handle folds (I hope it makes sense) :huh:. It looked like there wasn't enough glazing applied.

Yes, I hate the cloth tags. I don't think it will affect the functionality or be a problem. I don't know if I should consider it big enough reason to exchange it.

I uploaded a picture. I am talking about the glazing on the right side of the handle. I hope this helps. Rest of the handles are ok.

I honestly do not see an imperfection. I think you will be wasting time and energy trying to find another made in France bag like this for no real reason. Please just enjoy your beautiful and special LV. Seems like the perfect souvenir and momento from your trip, why exchange?