Is this speedy glazing normal?

Leyila

Dec 5, 2015
Hey,
I bought a speedy 30 DE. After I came home I inspected the bag again and noticed what I think is glazing issues. Please give me your opinion if this is normal or am I just being too picky?

Attachments

• IMG_7520.JPG
    IMG_7520.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 751
Hey,
I bought a speedy 30 DE. After I came home I inspected the bag again and noticed what I think is glazing issues. Please give me your opinion if this is normal or am I just being too picky?
Glazing refers to the coating that goes on the edge of leather or canvas. Like the red on vachette handles. Your picture doesn't show any glazing area.

Are you talking about the coating of your leather handles? Can you describe your concern? Your picture is low resolution so it's hard to see what you are referring to.

Glazing refers to the coating that goes on the edge of leather or canvas. Like the red on vachette handles. Your picture doesn't show any glazing area.

Are you talking about the coating of your leather handles? Can you describe your concern? Your picture is low resolution so it's hard to see what you are referring to.

I wasn't quite sure how to describe it. Yes, I am talking about the glazing of the leather handles. On the inner side of the handle (on the right side) there is a piece that looks like "extra"/sloppier glazing if I can say so. This is my first bag, so I am not sure if this is "normal" or if this is something I should be concerned about.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am facing a dillema in regards to my new handbag. I bought my handbag during my trip to Europe. When I came back home to the States I inspected the bag and found a small imperfection. Would you keep a made in France bag even if it has a small imperfection or would you exchange it for a made in USA bag? It's highly unlikely I will find a made in France one here in the States. Does the location of where it's made play any role to you?

I do not really care where the bag is made however I do find the cloth tag LV puts in made in US bags now to be cheap and ugly looking. Some of my made in US bags have a leather tag which is better.If a bag had an imperfection that was enough to really stand out or could get worse down the road I would return it.

Reactions: Sonmi999
I do not really care where the bag is made however I do find the cloth tag LV puts in made in US bags now to be cheap and ugly looking. Some of my made in US bags have a leather tag which is better.If a bag had an imperfection that was enough to really stand out or could get worse down the road I would return it.

Yes, I hate the cloth tags. I don't think it will affect the functionality or be a problem. I don't know if I should consider it big enough reason to exchange it.

It would all depend on what you consider imperfection. A picture would be helpful.

I uploaded a picture. I am talking about the glazing on the right side of the handle. I hope this helps. Rest of the handles are ok.

Attachments

• D8C00CBE-BF22-4FF1-B1EC-F46711F40DCD.jpg
    D8C00CBE-BF22-4FF1-B1EC-F46711F40DCD.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
Ate you talking about the glazing imperfections? If so that doesn't bother me. I would keep it. It'll probably get more wear as you use it and it's a good remembrance of your trip plus it's made in France.

I prefer made in France but all my bags are made in USA

Reactions: LGREER74
Ate you talking about the glazing imperfections? If so that doesn't bother me. I would keep it. It'll probably get more wear as you use it and it's a good remembrance of your trip plus it's made in France.

I prefer made in France but all my bags are made in USA

Yes, I am talking about the glazing imperfections. This is my first LV bag, so I didn't know if this is considered ok and I am just overreacting.