Is this shill bidding?

You should not report a seller unless you are certain there is something going on. It could be innocent and the seller reprimanded for no good reason. Never report unless you know or sure.

According to the bidder history, the winning bidder has bid on three items, all for the same seller. The other two auctions are in the jewelry category. However, when you look at the seller's other items, there aren't any jewelry items listed in either active or closed listings. I wish someone would explain this. The only thing I can think of is if they were removed for being counterfeit or in violation of ebay policy.

it's a newbie bidder, so it may just be nibbling.

nevermind, checked out several other auctions.

Yep, it looks VERY suspicious for shilling. IN MY OPINION (bwaaahahhaaa) I wouldn't bid on this seller's auctions.

Last edited:
According to the bidder history, the winning bidder has bid on three items, all for the same seller. The other two auctions are in the jewelry category. However, when you look at the seller's other items, there aren't any jewelry items listed in either active or closed listings. I wish someone would explain this. The only thing I can think of is if they were removed for being counterfeit or in violation of ebay policy.

Look at their feedback.

Nope, not removed. Here are the other listings the buyer bid on:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251095696686#ht_2342wt_1182

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=251073780783

I don't know if it is shill bidding or not.

Look at their feedback.
Oh I see. I'm surprised that the shill bidder would bid twice in a row, like they did at the end of this auction. For me, seeing multiple bids in a row discourages me from bidding because I know it is going to take more than an incremental bid to win. I wouldn't expect this behavior from a shill, who would want someone else to bid.