Is this repairable??

mee4

O.G.
Apr 25, 2006
The patent leather strap is torn and need to get it fixed since it does bother me. I don't want to spend much on repairs since this older Coach bag cost me $200. Any suggestions would be awesome. Please ignore my unmanicured fingers. TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_3447.JPG
    IMG_3447.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 126
The patent leather strap is torn and need to get it fixed since it does bother me. I don't want to spend much on repairs since this older Coach bag cost me $200. Any suggestions would be awesome. Please ignore my unmanicured fingers. TIA!
Have you taken it to your Coach store yet? Maybe they can send it in and the strap can be replaced?

Just to update, I came from Coach and they told me they can send it back for repair but if they are unable to do it (since its patent leather) then they will send me a 20% off your next Coach bag and I will not get my bag back. I decided not to send it and will just go to the shoes repair store tomorrow :sad:

^If they couldn't repair it they'd keep the bag and give you 20% off another bag? What kind of garbage is that? I'm sorry but I think that is a complete load of crap. I'm not saying that I don't believe you - I think it's horrible that Coach would do that to one of its customers. They will give the 25% PCE discount to pretty much anyone who asks for it but they would only offer you 20% for your bag? :shocked:

^If they couldn't repair it they'd keep the bag and give you 20% off another bag? What kind of garbage is that? I'm sorry but I think that is a complete load of crap. I'm not saying that I don't believe you - I think it's horrible that Coach would do that to one of its customers. They will give the 25% PCE discount to pretty much anyone who asks for it but they would only offer you 20% for your bag? :shocked:

Thats exactly what the sale lady told me in the Coach store. She said, once they received the bag and if they are unable to do it, I will receive a sorry letter with a coupon inside. I didnt argue with the girl since I didnt know any of their policies. She gave me an example and said if I purchased it a week ago and they would have just swapped bags but since mines is a pretty old style, they cant do anything. I'm pretty sure she told me 20% off and not 25%. I went to the Coach store at Stonestown in San Francisco. Was I given false info?

I think it's 40% not 20% unless they recenlty changed it. I am sending in a bag now that needs topstitching. I told them if they can't fix it to return it to me. I have always gotten the bag back, with the letter.

I think it's 40% not 20% unless they recenlty changed it. I am sending in a bag now that needs topstitching. I told them if they can't fix it to return it to me. I have always gotten the bag back, with the letter.
40% off and the bag back is reasonable, IMO. The thing that freaked me out was mee4 saying they'd keep the bag. The only way they should be allowed to keep the bag is if they give you a full refund. :yes: