Is this RED a keeper??

I-shop

Aug 1, 2007
I just bought the Red patent 2.55 double compartment..pics borrowed from ebay because my bag still on its way to me..but now I confused..love the color so HOT and GORGEOUS, but actually thinking about the double compartment, i don't really mind because I can use it as a clutch for dinner or party, but I wanna know your opinion, do you think this bag will still look gorgeous in 5 more years? I love buying Chanel because of the timeless beauty..and having a second thought if I made a right decision or not..should I return it and wait until the new Bubble Quilt and Red Jumbo/Dark Silver 2.55 arrive? Please give me your opinion and pro/con about the bag I just bought and which bag you think more worth to buy.. thankss ladies.

add: I live in tropical climate country (sunny and humid), do you think patent will be okay? I heard that the leather become sticky, is that right??

Attachments

• chanel red.jpg
    chanel red.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 158
I like everything about this bag (color is hot plus it's patent, totally gorgeous for summer!) but the only thing that gets me is the double compartment:Push: The front view looks :tup: but the side view, hmmm:sweatdrop: But that's just me and if I were to choose I will return this and get a red jumbo.

i agree with pinkie. color and style are great! i haven't seen the width of the double compartment IRL, so i can't really comment on that. but, i think it's a beautiful bag in photos!!

when it arrives post modeling pics so we can see the width of the double compartment and let you know! congrats!

i love the color, is very vibrant and gives me the happy feeling, I'll keep the bag if i'm you. I'm okay with the double compartments.

Saw this IRL and adore the color. BUT it's stiff and too wide at the bottom; otherwise, I would have purchased it. Purse on steriods is what I call it.

It's a shame it's not available in the classic reissue style or even the e/w style. Once again, Chanel missed the boat and the chance to have a monumental seller. When will they start doing focus groups and get some valuable feedback before releasing new designs?

I love this bag! I saw it on ebay as well and would have bought it if I had the $$
I like the double compartments. My patent madison has double compartments as well and it's nice to be able to carry more than the regular classics.
I believe red patent is defenitely timeless. I have always loved it since I can remember so I wouldn't worry about that.

About your climate... You will have problems with patent in the long run. The patent will become sticky because of the warmth and the humidity.
If you want to avoid it becoming sticky, you must store it very dry and in a cooler place. I would recommend placing moistattrackters (like the little bags with the absorbing contents) next and in to it...

Please post pics when you receive it!!