Is this really from Chanel?

eckw

Feb 28, 2015
IMG_2089.jpg

Spotted this in the streets and couldn’t figure out if this was a real Chanel or not. It was very shiny but the puffs don’t look like anything I’ve seen before. Anyone know of this seasonal model??

Just a guess... just a feeling...

No. It is not real. It looks ridiculous with the CC lock stuck in the middle of that puffy whatever shape you want to call it.

If it is real I will be shocked Chanel even let that disaster out of the "lab".

IMG_0168.JPG
View attachment 4012138

Spotted this in the streets and couldn’t figure out if this was a real Chanel or not. It was very shiny but the puffs don’t look like anything I’ve seen before. Anyone know of this seasonal model??
Can't speak for the authenticity of this one, but the bubble bags are Chanel. Not my thing, but to each his/her own. This photo is fromYoogi's Closet resale..

That bubble bag has actual stitching. The diamond shapes are at least diamond shaped.
The first picture is a disaster. It looks like it was material that was stamped with heat. The diamonds are obviously just wrong.

The pic below is at least reasonable. But I have to be honest. I did not know this bubble look existed. Lol. I do not care for it at all. But to each their own!

img_0012-300x225.jpg

Thanks for everyone’s comments. The lady was walking in front of me for some time and I couldn’t take my eye off her bag. Couldn’t tell whether it was authentic or not but it was very eye-catching - not sure from awe or shock. LOL Not my style for sure but it was definitely unusual. And yes, to each their own! What a boring world if we all liked the same thing!

View attachment 4012138

I remember seeing this bag in the boutique. I kind of liked it, but I already have my Fluffy CC tote and Big Bang flap.

View attachment 4012138

Just a guess... just a feeling...

No. It is not real. It looks ridiculous with the CC lock stuck in the middle of that puffy whatever shape you want to call it.

If it is real I will be shocked Chanel even let that disaster out of the "lab".

The bag is real. It was from 2016 and was an exclusive line to Bergdorfs. They had these nylon calfskin flaps and also backpacks in red and black. The Chesterfield line it was called. Bubble bags are usually nylon, have extra large quilts, shoulder pads (sometimes), and are super weightless. The pic of the bag is from Bergdorfs when they carried it and the backpack is from Fashionphile, which has sold some as well.

https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-calfskin-quilted-chesterfield-backpack-burgundy-219622

m_5802e50478b31c14f50214d5.jpg chanel-calfskin-quilted-backpack-burgundy-00.jpg

Last edited: