Is this purse too dressy for casual wear?

Pebli

Aug 17, 2014
Excuse the instagram style pic, it's the only one I've taken of it. As per the title, I'm just wondering if this is too dressy for casual wear. By casual I mean outings to lunch, shopping, you know - any casual day type activity. Usually I would have thought yes, too dressy, but then you see girls all the time out and about with their Chanels in casual settings and it doesn't look weird at all. This is my latest addition and first empreint piece. All my other bags are either canvas or clutches so it's very easy to distinguish the type of setting they can be used for. TIA!
yPLRsL5.jpg

Excuse the instagram style pic, it's the only one I've taken of it. As per the title, I'm just wondering if this is too dressy for casual wear. By casual I mean outings to lunch, shopping, you know - any casual day type activity. Usually I would have thought yes, too dressy, but then you see girls all the time out and about with their Chanels in casual settings and it doesn't look weird at all. This is my latest addition and first empreint piece. All my other bags are either canvas or clutches so it's very easy to distinguish the type of setting they can be used for. TIA!
yPLRsL5.jpg
It will go well with smart casual attire -- I know what you mean by young ladies carrying Chanel flaps everywhere now -- but I don't think it goes with casual clothes like sweats or old tees and shorts. I'm old fashioned and think people should still dress appropriately and use accessories to match the occasion. :angel: Maybe someone more current can chime in. :amuse:

It will go well with smart casual attire -- I know what you mean by young ladies carrying Chanel flaps everywhere now -- but I don't think it goes with casual clothes like sweats or old tees and shorts. I'm old fashioned and think people should still dress appropriately and use accessories to match the occasion. :angel: Maybe someone more current can chime in. :amuse:
Oh don't worry, I don't wear sweats out and about anyway ha :shocked: (no shade to anyone who does!) I should have clarified but yes, I mean "smart casual" even with nice jeans included. Thanks! I would like to get as much use out of this baby as I can instead of only pulling her out for special occasions so I'm liking the point of views so far :smile:

Reactions: Aliluvlv and litchi
I should have clarified but yes, I mean "smart casual" even with nice jeans included. Thanks! I would like to get as much use out of this baby as I can instead of only pulling her out for special occasions so I'm liking the point of views so far :smile:

I think it will work really well with smart casual. I love seeing women who are well dressed but not over the top and rock a fancy bag.

Definitely! I wear my Chanel Boy (in my avatar-black with ruthenium hardware) with nice dresses out to dinner, or with jeans out shopping. I think nicer bags can be so versatile, whereas more casual bags aren't quite as versatile.

Reactions: Aliluvlv and Pebli