Is this piece of cloth worth $964.85 to you?

I have to agree with all the ladies here. I say a big no! I can understand spending that much for a boucle jacket but not a sheer dress thingy. It seem like a one night affair kinda a dress. Save your money and buy a bag or a jacket.

No, if you have to ask...you already know the answer to that one. For that amount of money it needs to be one hundred percent question proof! You got to love it! Have a blast in St. Lucia. I went a few years ago and it was wonderful!

You know whether you like the overdress or not, I don't think it's going to work over that black dress you got. The flounce on the dress has too much fabric for underneath the overdress. you probably won't be happy with the look after all even if you decide to get it.

lov2shop said:
You know whether you like the overdress or not, I don't think it's going to work over that black dress you got. The flounce on the dress has too much fabric for underneath the overdress. you probably won't be happy with the look after all even if you decide to get it.

Yes, I can see where you are getting at. I was thinking of putting it over the black dress because the real thing is actually flared (the model is pulling it forward and the pockets are actually more on the side) and would blend seamlessly to the black dress. The end of the sleeves actually ends right where the black dress off-the-shoulder strap also ends!

It seems that lots of ladies like the mom-sy black dress and I have a pic of me modelling the black dress right now but I am too scared to show it to you ladies :sweatdrop:. I don't know how I plonked for it because it's both very short in length and very low at the top (it's almost like wearing a half-cup bra) and I think I am past the age of growing taller.

So actually I am not quite which way to pull it: up so it covers bust but skimming the bottom or pulling it down covering bottom but exposing more cleavage? In both cases, it's way too risqué and I'll definitely need something to cover myself at the top so suggestions from you ladies would be appreciated!

I loveee Chanel RTW. When I was thin and employed :P , I used to treat myself to one piece per season (more at bonus time!!!). Always something very signature...silk satin bubble skirt one year, fantasy tweed another...I have to admit, I wanted people to KNOW it was Chanel at those prices!! I would rather have a fabulous piece of RTW than a new bag anyday, but I am too fat at the moment. Your pics are inspiring me to starve my way back into a size 34!

Hehe, I am in the same situation as you - the 'When I was thin and employed' :lol:. This may be the last time I can fit into a 34 (is that US 4?). I am pregnant so I have been chomping a lot (just finished 10 mini-eclairs :P) which is not good :sweatdrop: and in fact for this six weeks I am taking 2 sets of clothes: the figure-hugging ones for the start then the empire-line or loose ones for the latter part, LOL. You know what's the annoying thing about the jacket though. The ones in pics cheated because they have couture-style 3 piece sleeves and look so elegant but when the real thing comes up it's not like that but hey as long as people recognise it's Chanel from 60 paces away when walking on 5th Avenue who cares!

hlfinn said:
how do you get a bag free from the boutique?

A secret that if I tell you I have to kill you, LOL. No but seriously, it only works in Rue Cambon atelier. You are sort of assigned a lady who will look after you making sure that you will not have that indentical twins déjà vu with your Chanel suit, etc. So now I don't buy anything from a normal boutique anymore, I ask that lady to sort it out for me and she gets the cut from it as well (though obviously not as much as she would get for Haute Couture dress). She calls me 'mademoiselle sans elegance' :P but she has given me a classic flap for Christmas and then again a 2.55 evening bag with pins stuck on it which is the bag that the model is carrying in the black dress pic above.

Actually I did post about it sometime ago asking the ladies for the choice between a python classic flap and the 2.55 not caring about which one I get. In the end I went for the 2.55 and fortunately it paid off because I thought the 2.55 evening bag is cheaper (extrapolating from the standard version) but I found out not so long ago that it is more expensive that the python at £2,550 ($5,000) vs. £1,600 ($3,200). Hehe I got a good deal by chance :drool:!

. This may be the last time I can fit into a 34 (is that US 4?). I am pregnant so I have been chomping a lot (just finished 10 mini-eclairs :P) which is not good :sweatdrop:

That's just what happened to me. Only, I've taken four years to lose my baby fat. :cursing: I'm finally getting motivated, though, now that 1, I've decided no more babies any time soon, and 2, soo many gorgeous clothing items I want, and not too many shoes or bags so I'd better get slim if I want to have any fun shopping for the coming season!:wlae:

Now, enlighten me...what's a 3-pc couture sleeve? I've never had the opportunity to get close to anything even remotely haute couture.:sad:

That's just what happened to me. Only, I've taken four years to lose my baby fat. :cursing: I'm finally getting motivated, though, now that 1, I've decided no more babies any time soon, and 2, soo many gorgeous clothing items I want, and not too many shoes or bags so I'd better get slim if I want to have any fun shopping for the coming season!:wlae:

Now, enlighten me...what's a 3-pc couture sleeve? I've never had the opportunity to get close to anything even remotely haute couture.:sad:

This is going to be fun describing because I dodn’t understand what the lady at Rue Cambon atelier said :upsidedown: but I’ll try: the 3 seamed sleeve is a trick you get in your Couture suit to get the end of the sleeve to flair elegantly. So when you put your arms straight down it wouldn’t flop/droop down like the RTW jacket. It’s just another trick like the hanging weights that everyone knows about. The other obvious perk you get in a Couture suit is the braiding, the braiding on RTW and bags is lousy in comparison to the ‘real deal.’ I’ve been told it’s made by this farmer lady who looks after gooses somewhere in the countryside and no one from Chanel has managed to copy her so you better get your couture suit soon before that lady pass away to Chanel heaven and it becomes a lost art, LOL.

Actually talking about this lady and Couture in general, I had a DVD sent to me about a TV documentary on how they make couture dresses starting from the toilé dress onwards. It’s called Signé Chanel (from Amazon.fr). But you are lucky today because there are vids on Youtube (click here for every single episode) if you want to see it when you are bored. :smile:

P.S. Warning on the vids though, it's got loads of bad French humour in it! :sweatdrop:

I see you decided not to get the see-through thingy after all....

Too bad. I thought you could wear it sans underdress for Mr Bee, so that would make it twice as versatile!