Is this Orange or Potiron??

Nankali

O.G.
Aug 30, 2009
Hi folks! Sorry to use a whole new thread for this simple question.. I tried to put it on the color ref thread but I wasn't allowed to. And I also wanted to get a quick answear because I have to bring this issue to the seller of this bag today in order to know if I can return the bag (in case the color is not what it should have been..). So, my dream has been to get a Potiron Kelly and I finally found it couple of weeks ago (authenticated on tPF first, of course). Now I received the beautiful 35 size Kelly but I am confused about the color.
To me it looks like Orange not Potiron. I haven't ever seen Potiron IRL, but this color looks VERY similar to my Orange Dogon wallet. What do you think experts, is this Orange like I think? The leather should be Togo so I would appreciate your opinion about that too? This is a G letter Kelly and it is quite mou, but I am far from being an expert so I don't know if it is Togo or Clemence.. Your opinions are well appreciated! Thank you!
Here come the pics of the Kelly with and without flash:
kelly35morepics4.jpg

kelly35morepics5.jpg

kelly35morepics6.jpg

kelly35morepics1.jpg

kelly354.jpg

kelly355.jpg

kelly356.jpg

kelly358.jpg

Not gospel but it looks orange to me and it may be clemence. I say that only because I don't see the veining that most, not all, togo has. I'll add it is a true mou if you can take your finger or eraser tip of a pencil and push on the bottom and the bag folds easily. Put the purse on its back with the bottom towards you and if is stuffed, removed that and then give it a push and see if it folds. If indeed it is a mou, I am green with envy. Lucky, lucky you as they are rare finds.

Lol, I am most def gospel neither!
Thank you darling for your input!!
Here are few pics I took. Do you think it is a Mou or not? If it is Clemence which I do believe it is, then it probably is just soft, not Mou. I can fold it but when I shape it it keeps it's structure pretty well. I think it is in a beaitiful shape and condition Kelly, wheter it is a Mour or not. :P If it was a Potiron, which I am so desperatly trying to find, I would keep it for sure!
kelly35isitmou1.jpg

kelly35isitmou2.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk166/toscana_photos]
[IMG]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk166/toscana_photos/kelly35isitmou5.jpg

I love the slouchy Kelly! It looks like Orange clemence to me with the larger grains in some of your pics. I hope you manage to sort things out with the seller.

Thank you Lovely, thank you Syma, for your kind words! It is also good to know it is Clemence, not Togo.
I do love the slouch as well. A perfect Kelly for me, if it had been Potiron.. *sigh* have to let it go. : (

I'm not sure, but I believe the color of the Hermes bag is potiron.

attachment.php

Here is a photo of my potiron tadelackt (sp) Constance:

attachment.php

Wallet is orange togo. Really close in color to the potiron.

attachment.php

hope this helps and doesn't confuse further.

Happy holidays from Chez Beeble.

Attachments

• Constance.jpg
    Constance.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 708
  • wallet.jpg
    wallet.jpg
    258.6 KB · Views: 347
  • boxw2.jpg
    boxw2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 669
Hi Balto Bag Lady! Do you mean that the color might be Potiron after all?? I don't have any H paper bags but that Kelly came in an orange dustbag (the older model) and the color of the Kelly is pretty much the same as the dust bag.
I have the Dogon wallet in orange too. I have used it daily for months and it is the same as not even darker than the Kelly.
ps I LOVE your Constance!! :love:
Happy Holidays to you too!! :rockettes:

It's really a crap shoot on the color because of monitor variations but one thing I will say is that t is fabulously mou-ing to me. I impolore you to think twice, thrice about returning it. Whether orange or potiron it is as versatile as they go. It is a very easy color to work into a wardrobe whether it is with green, brown, gray, navy, black for those who like me think of Halloween, on of my fave holidays :smile: and I'm sure I'm missing some colors along the way --- such as blue, white, of course.

If you are near a boutique, they can accurately state which color that special beauty is without us guessing. Remember too, that the color not only varues from monitor to monitor but from one leather to another.

Either way you slice it, dice it, it is pretty dang gorgeous!

Hi Balto Bag Lady! Do you mean that the color might be Potiron after all?? I don't have any H paper bags but that Kelly came in an orange dustbag (the older model) and the color of the Kelly is pretty much the same as the dust bag.
I have the Dogon wallet in orange too. I have used it daily for months and it is the same as not even darker than the Kelly.
ps I LOVE your Constance!! :love:
Happy Holidays to you too!! :rockettes:

The Kelly is gorgeous. My Kelly 35 is blue jean. It is togo, but is slouchy like yours. I think it is potiron. I'm a bit color blind. To me, orange is orange. I know the potiron is a tiny bit browner than orange. I have a two color Bolide and for a year or so, I thought the blue was blue jean, because the SA told me. I looked at the tag at some point and discovered that it was ciel. The only reason I even checked is because I got the shoulder straps mixed up in the bags (the bolide is tadeladkt so it was hard to mix them up, LOL) but the colors look so similar, but in different leathers, so different. So is the difference between orange and potiron. I'd keep it, because it is so gorgeous.
I do believe that Hermes' house color is potiron, if that does help you.

I tend to agree that the color is potiron. I don't have my orange Kelly in front of me at this moment, but I am pretty sure that the color is lighter than your bag. Your color is all over the spectrum, so it is pretty difficult to judge from these pix.

I do believe that Hermes' house color is potiron, if that does help you.

And all along I thought Hermes' color was orange so I searched and apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so:
Notes
February 23, 2011

Hermes’s signature color ‘orange’ is one of the most instantly recognizable corporate brands. So how did such an iconic fashion house decide on this unconventional color? It seems orange was the only color widely available during World War II to the money-saving benefits of raw-edge cutting, which had been marketed to the public as a cutting-edge, avant-garde innovation.