Is this normal?

luvrose

Jan 25, 2017
Hi. I just bought a pochette accessoires pre loved online and it has this issue. Is it easy to fix? Will it get worse? What should I do with it? Thanks!

The bag is from 2016 by the way. Overall it looks good.

IMG_1494602827.856294.jpg

Reactions: Acctt
Yes, it's normal. My brand new mini pochette had the splitting after very light use. It never got worse. But if it bothers you and the seller has a return policy, return it. Or you can replace the tab, it's around $70 to replace I think.

Reactions: luvrose
Hi. I just bought a pochette accessoires pre loved online and it has this issue. Is it easy to fix? Will it get worse? What should I do with it? Thanks!

The bag is from 2016 by the way. Overall it looks good.

View attachment 3696671
That's normal and is a result of the leather tab accommodating the fabric from the zipper. Don't worry, it won't cause the leather to strain or rip and the glazing won't crack.

Reactions: luvrose
Wow. I wish I can keep this bag like your after 17 years. It is a really long time and the part still look the same to mine, no more tab splitting. Amazing! [emoji15]
I'm amazed at how indestructible and convenient this little bag is. Bad decision on LV to discontinue this style. Yours will last a lifetime just like mine LOL!

I'm amazed at how indestructible and convenient this little bag is. Bad decision on LV to discontinue this style. Yours will last a lifetime just like mine LOL!
This bag became a hot seller in the very early 2000s (it was a lot of women's first LV!), but its popularity seems to have decreased significantly over the years. It's not surprising that LV would be retiring it from its catalog. The trend of small baguette bags is really something of a past era (the apogee of Sex and The City). For those who are just now being introduced to this bag, they are hundreds and hundreds on the pre-loved market. (Watch out for fakes, ladies!).

Last edited:
This bag became a hot seller in the very early 2000s (it was a lot of women's first LV!), but its popularity seems to have decreased significantly over the years. It's not surprising that LV would be retiring it from its catalog. The trend of small baguette bags is really something of a past era (the apogee of Sex and The City). For those who are just now being introduced to this bag, they are hundreds and hundreds on the pre-loved market. (Watch out for fakes, ladies!).
I wouldn't necessarily call a small baguette "trendy". Mini bags definitely have their uses. We all have different needs and sometimes want to carry a small wristlet/crossbody and not some hulking tote or hobo LOL!! I have found my pochette to be a priceless keeper even if some say its no longer popular due to years gone past or its small size. It's one of my favorite LV pieces.

I wouldn't necessarily call a small baguette "trendy". Mini bags definitely have their uses. We all have different needs and sometimes want to carry a small wristlet/crossbody and not some hulking tote or hobo LOL!! I have found my pochette to be a priceless keeper even if some say its no longer popular due to years gone past or its small size. It's one of my favorite LV pieces.
I m not saying it's a bad bag. I m just saying that this particular shape is not as hot as it used to be. I remember when I worked at LV, this was THE bag that all women wanted. Especially when we got the first Graffiti. That was insane!!

I m not saying it's a bad bag. I m just saying that this particular shape is not as hot as it used to be. I remember when I worked at LV, this was THE bag that all women wanted. Especially when we got the first Graffiti. That was insane!!
I understand where your coming from. Some graffiti pochettes are listed and actually selling for $500 to $600 and graffiti keepalls are super high in price right now. Like on drugs HIGH-LOL!!!

This just started happening to my Pochette Accessoires in monogram. Don’t know if I should go back so they can check it since I have had it for only 2 months aprox.

When I first got my PA a few years back it started having this split about 2 months in. I took it back and they exchanged it. It’s been years now and my exchanged PA is fine and I use it a lot- I don’t think this normal for a 2 month old PA. Take it back. Too expensive to settle. They are hard to come by now though so u may want to opt for a free repair. It looks as though it will be a simple repair, but it will still take weeks to go away and come back.

When I first got my PA a few years back it started having this split about 2 months in. I took it back and they exchanged it. It’s been years now and my exchanged PA is fine and I use it a lot- I don’t think this normal for a 2 month old PA. Take it back. Too expensive to settle. They are hard to come by now though so u may want to opt for a free repair. It looks as though it will be a simple repair, but it will still take weeks to go away and come back.
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m going to take it in and either ask for an exchange or repair.

Reactions: Kitty157