Is this normal???

gatorpooh

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Florida
I purchased these from NM this morning and the leather is already wrinkling in the front. I paid $1000 for these and am a little disappointed. Anybody else have this issue? TIA! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404317863.008112.jpg

TheNordstrom Anniversary Saleis NOW open to Ambassador cardmembers.Click or tap to shop the Nordstrom sale!
P.S. Don't forget to join the activeNAS 2020 threadand share your hauls with the community!

gatorpooh

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Florida
The toe box is a little long, but that is to be expected with pointy toe shoes. The length is perfect otherwise. I have a few pair of CL So Kate's with the same long, pointy toe box and haven't had any issues with those. The SA at NM said this was totally normal and suggested I use a shoe tree. I'm wondering if the patent leather does the same thing.

goodbrand

Mar 16, 2012
I purchased these from NM this morning and the leather is already wrinkling in the front. I paid $1000 for these and am a little disappointed. Anybody else have this issue? TIA! View attachment 2673330
No it isn't normal, exchange it, I have the same pair in high heel and 3 patent leather have no issue like that (bought over a year)

Last edited:

gatorpooh

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Florida
I have a hard time believing this is "normal wear," especially within the first couple of hours. The manager told me that "shoes with pointy toes do this." I informed her that I had several pairs of CL's with pointy toes and I have not had any issues. She said, "well CL's are made differently." I'm sorry, but for nearly $1100, I find this unacceptable. I guess I am going to have to reach out to Valentino and see what they say. So annoyed :nogood:

eyelovecasey

Feb 18, 2013
I think it's because it's such a soft leather, it's going to do that even if you exchange it. It happens to almost every men's shoe, but it seems to me like their patent leather is stiffer so maybe you'd have better luck with patent.

lisabmiller

Authenticator
Oct 30, 2011
Calabasas
That happened to me as well - on 2 different pairs of rockstud flats!! It doesn't happen to my kitten heels or any other valentinos.

dk2504

O.G.
Nov 21, 2005
This happened to my latest pair of rockstud flats too, but the crease is closer to where my big toe hits the shoe. I find that stuffing the toe area when storing the shoes helps immensely.