Is this normal?

Mar 1, 2013
Dear all Chanel experts, I need your advice. I am now in Orlando for sightseeing. I went to the local Chanel boutique today and purchased a red Boy WOC in lamb. I just took the box out of the Chanel paper bag and found that there is no price tag on the WOC and no stickers on the box showing the info of color code, style code, etc. Is this normal??

I purchased Chanel bag in Canada before, but there is Always a sticker on the black box shows everything. I am confused.

Have you checked the pockets of the WOC for the price tag? A lot of times they will put them in one of
the pockets. Sometimes the boxes will have the info. and other times they won't.

Chanel usually gives you the tags. Dior removes them, and it makes me crazy. Good luck, hope you find them, if not, why not go back to the SA and ask her for them?

Dear all Chanel experts, I need your advice. I am now in Orlando for sightseeing. I went to the local Chanel boutique today and purchased a red Boy WOC in lamb. I just took the box out of the Chanel paper bag and found that there is no price tag on the WOC and no stickers on the box showing the info of color code, style code, etc. Is this normal??

I purchased Chanel bag in Canada before, but there is Always a sticker on the black box shows everything. I am confused.

I've had Chanel boutiques take the price tags before. On RTW, shoes, bags, you name it. I have no idea why some do and some don't. I've actually started to ask them for the tags now, as I like to know what season/how much I paid, etc. for my bags (I have no idea why, just to know I guess). With the magnetic boxes, there are no longer stickers, either, so that's lost in the mix with classics. With seasonal bags, I've had a few in the past where they were just put in whatever box, often with no sticker at all, and once or twice with the wrong sticker (just means they grabbed any box that was back there in the storage room). If it's from a boutique, though, they now will put the information on the receipt (I think); I know some stores do and some don't put info on the receipt. If it really bothers you, since you are still there, just ring them up and give them the transaction number (from your receipt) and let them know you want your tag. They should have no problem to mail that to you.

Have you checked the pockets of the WOC for the price tag? A lot of times they will put them in one of
the pockets. Sometimes the boxes will have the info. and other times they won't.
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes, I have checked the pockets. But I can only find the black authenticity card there. I am so worried. Frankly, I never thought I would purchase a Chanel bag in lamb skin, I was there looking for a WOC in caviar, but they only had this boy WOC in lamb. I purchased it anyway just because it is much cheaper than Canada and I will leave Orlando early next Monday and I didn't want to miss the chance.

But now looking at the bag in hotel room, I am having second thoughts. This lamb skin feels so soft and delicate as compared to my caviar WOC. I am afraid I will be regret the purchase after returning to Canada. And maybe I won't be able to do exchange or return because it is a purchase made out if country.

If i need to return the bag i have to do it tomorrow. Please please help me to decide. Thanks

I've had Chanel boutiques take the price tags before. On RTW, shoes, bags, you name it. I have no idea why some do and some don't. I've actually started to ask them for the tags now, as I like to know what season/how much I paid, etc. for my bags (I have no idea why, just to know I guess). With the magnetic boxes, there are no longer stickers, either, so that's lost in the mix with classics. With seasonal bags, I've had a few in the past where they were just put in whatever box, often with no sticker at all, and once or twice with the wrong sticker (just means they grabbed any box that was back there in the storage room). If it's from a boutique, though, they now will put the information on the receipt (I think); I know some stores do and some don't put info on the receipt. If it really bothers you, since you are still there, just ring them up and give them the transaction number (from your receipt) and let them know you want your tag. They should have no problem to mail that to you.
Hi Tutu, no it is not a magnetic box. It is just a plain Chanel black box without any info on it. The receipt only shows name: O-MINI BAG, AGNEAU/M RUTHERFORD/RED. Reference # and total amount.

Depends on the boutique and SA. Some include the tags and others do not. Wouldn't worry about it since you purchased at a boutique. If you want the tag for some reason, just have the SA send it to you.

They never give you the tags or leave the stickers on the boxes in the UK. When I bought two pairs of shoes a few weeks ago the SA removed the stickers from each of the shoe boxes at the counter when she was ringing them through and seemed to stick them onto a sheet full of other stickers, seems to be some very basic kind of stock control system in the UK I think.

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes, I have checked the pockets. But I can only find the black authenticity card there. I am so worried. Frankly, I never thought I would purchase a Chanel bag in lamb skin, I was there looking for a WOC in caviar, but they only had this boy WOC in lamb. I purchased it anyway just because it is much cheaper than Canada and I will leave Orlando early next Monday and I didn't want to miss the chance.

But now looking at the bag in hotel room, I am having second thoughts. This lamb skin feels so soft and delicate as compared to my caviar WOC. I am afraid I will be regret the purchase after returning to Canada. And maybe I won't be able to do exchange or return because it is a purchase made out if country.

If i need to return the bag i have to do it tomorrow. Please please help me to decide. Thanks
From what you have stated above, I think the best thing would be to return it and wait for the one you truly want. It's never good to "settle" for something in life, whether it's a $2k WOC or anything else.

A red boy WOC in lambskin is a beautiful bag. If you like the bag, do not return it (you may regret...). The store can provide the information you want (e.g. season, code,...).

The bag comes with no tag plus there is no sticker on the box. So I don't know the style code or which season the bag comes from.

WOC'S & other small leather good now have a white cardboard "wrap" around the box. The sticker is on the outside wrap, so there is no sticker on the box. Your SA probably took the tag and the wrap off when they wrapped it up for you.

SInce this bothers you and you are unsure about the WOC anyway, I say return it before you leave Orlando.

Hi guys, I just purchased a Chanel classic in patent leather and I had realize that the bag is defected, this was my first chanel hang bag and I didn't realize I need to check for things like this or if it is a common issue with the patent bags. It is a $5,500 hand bag and I don't expect this quality.

I am within my exchange period, but I was wondering if they would even do the exchange since I have used my bag for one day.........

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399786112.917759.jpg