Is this normal?

Tarababe

O.G.
Jul 13, 2010
Hi All,

I am normally on the Mulberry thread but have been getting more and more into LV for quality and price compared to Mulberry.

I have the Zippy Compact Wallet in DE. I am finding that when zipped the shape is getting a bit distorted. By that I mean when you look at the edge around the zip, there is one part where it seems to stick out a bit and isn't flush and smooth as the rest. It doesn't matter whether I have loads in or not, it still does it.

I did have the Zippy organiser which didn't do that, but I just found it too big.

I love this wallet and it's the perfect size but this annoys me and I have only had it a couple of months....

Advise would be lovely.:P

Hmmmm, which part is sticking out? I've had mine quite awhile and I just pulled it out, this is what it looks like. Still looks great to me, except maybe the corners are relaxing a bit. :smile: Is it on a corner? (Maybe though for mine it's just because I don't have much in there right now.)

Attachments

• zippcw.jpg
    zippcw.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 636
Last edited:
Thanks for replying. I have added a couple of pictures as it's so hard to explain:

LVWallet1.jpg

LVWallet2.jpg

It annoys me so much after paying this much for a wallet and has done this right from the beginning. I though as I used it they would flatten out, or that I was putting too much in, however it makes no difference...:cry:

I have an epi Zippy wallet that I've had for years and the edges don't look like that. They are straight, except for where the corners are (the fees bend in there probably because it's been heavily used for years). I just have one edge at the top that bows out a little bit because I had something in the wallet that wasn't laying right.

In my opinion, it does not look normal for only owning it for a few months if you haven't been stuffing the wallet oddly. I completely understand your frustration.

I have an epi Zippy wallet that I've had for years and the edges don't look like that. They are straight, except for where the corners are (the fees bend in there probably because it's been heavily used for years). I just have one edge at the top that bows out a little bit because I had something in the wallet that wasn't laying right.

In my opinion, it does not look normal for only owning it for a few months if you haven't been stuffing the wallet oddly. I completely understand your frustration.
I'm sure it shouldn't do this either. I have E mail LV Customer Services so see if they respond.

Thanks for replying. I have added a couple of pictures as it's so hard to explain:

LVWallet1.jpg

LVWallet2.jpg

It annoys me so much after paying this much for a wallet and has done this right from the beginning. I though as I used it they would flatten out, or that I was putting too much in, however it makes no difference...:cry:

No that does not look normal!!! Here is mine from that view... and mine is a couple years old. Take it back. :sad: So sorry.

Attachments

• zipside2.jpg
    zipside2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 499

Nope that does not look right at all. I just purchased my ZCP in DG and the edges look straight, I would go back to the LV store and show it to them.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I sadly don't live near a store so I have sent them an E mail which I hope they respond to. If they don't it's a 3 hr plus drive for me but as it's so new I am sure they have to do something...:thinking:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I sadly don't live near a store so I have sent them an E mail which I hope they respond to. If they don't it's a 3 hr plus drive for me but as it's so new I am sure they have to do something...:thinking:

I don't have a LV in my state either so I would call the toll-free number... e-mail will take forever to get a response. Tell them on the phone you think you have a defect and you will be able to send it in to a nearby boutique for them to take a look at it for you. Just mail it insured, with all your contact info. That is what I have had to do for (2) items that needed repair. It all went well.