Is this normal?

amelia72

Jul 16, 2008
I just received my first Linea Pelle Dylan tote and noticed that the magnetic closure is not very strong. The magnet seems very weak. I was wondering if this was normal or if I should send it back?

shoogrrl

O.G.
Aug 9, 2008
By the Bay
I'd say give customer service a call and see how they do exchanges. Did you buy it directly from their site? In any case, they should want you to be happy with your purchase anyway.

amelia72

Jul 16, 2008
I bought it from bluefly and of course it is the only bag that they have left. Linea Pelle is looking into having the designer fix it and are getting back with me tomorrow. The magnetic closure really doesn't stay put when you try to close it. It seems that this would be a pain but I am not sure as I have not had this type of bag before.

Stormy Heart

HellBent for Leather
O.G.
Apr 10, 2008
Amelia, I've never had the problem on any of my LP but think I know what's wrong.
One of your magnets is reversed. You can check it with a loose magnet you have lying around. Find the poles of your loose magnet. Now place it over one of the magnets on your tote. It will either pull or push against it. Then, using the same face of test magnent, check the other tote magnet the same way. You should get the opposite reaction. If you get the same (push-push or pull-pull) on both sides, one tote magnet needs to be flipped over to attract the other !
I use gauss magnet closures sometimes and always check them this way before sewing them into the leather.:yes: LP magnets are very good!

amelia72

Jul 16, 2008
Thanks for the input. I received a call from today from Linea Pelle and I think that they are going to have me send the bag back to them for repair. I will know for sure on Monday or Tuesday when they call back. They have the best customer service, I am so impressed with them.