Is this normal?

Peeking_Around

Live, Love, Laugh
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
I am in no way complaining .. but just wanted to ask about this.

On my new LRC (which I do truly love) - there's a few issues that I was a bit concerned with.

On certain spots on my purse there's these dark marks .. almost like scratches but .. not scratches. It came out of the box like this and just curious if this is normal for this type of leather.

dscf0631rr9.jpg

dscf0625ce8.jpg

Just darker spots on the leather ...

And then ... the threading in some spots ... It's just two or three places ...

dscf0628gf1.jpg

It's not major issues, right? Like the bags not going to start unraveling or anything will it? I don't want to send it back ...

*Sorry about the quality of the pictures - I can't get my smaller camera to take good quality pics. And my big camera is being borrowed tonight.

I've heard that Tanos Crunch leather is supposed to have the natural bumps, lumps and goosebumps.. so might be the same for the velvet?

Hopefully its normal! Thats a special bag! First Velvet leather bag that debuted on TPF!

I know .. I'm like a new mom! :lol: We went out to eat tonight and I was so worried this bag was going to get dirty! Kept telling my husband to scootch over because he was smooshing my bag.

But I did get a compliment - well 2 - one when we were on the elevator - lady asked me what my bag was :tup: I was so proud to say "Tano" - then the waitress said the color was great looking. YAH!!

Hahaha designer bags at restaurants are soo fun to look and drool over. I feel bad but I found a really good way to display/hold/hang/showoff ;P my bag.. I got a Purse Hook and it just clings onto the table and holds my bag! It stays out of the way when seating and it stays hung beautifully. The thing is I just dont really know where it is right now hahaha.

I have one of those also! Great purchase and if any of you out there don't have one yet - get one! You can find them on ebay!

I left my one and only at work ... was showing a customer of mine it and left it on my desk -At least I think it did .... customers are always stealing my pen .. hope she didn't walk off with my purse hook!!

Well, PA I think you are one of the first w/ one of the new velvet leather bags. This is the first season it's been offered so I don't think any of us know if that is 'normal' for the leather.

It's hard to tell from your pics but is the leather indented in those spots or is it just a discoloration?

I keep a set of purse hooks in my bag at all times. Got a set of two (one gold, one silver) in a little velveteen pouch at Walgreen's for $10. :tup:

With anilin dyed leathers such as crunch and velvet, natural markings (scars, scratches, etc) in the skin often turn black/dark in the tanning process. So thats normal, yes.

Well, PA I think you are one of the first w/ one of the new velvet leather bags. This is the first season it's been offered so I don't think any of us know if that is 'normal' for the leather.

It's hard to tell from your pics but is the leather indented in those spots or is it just a discoloration?

Just discoloration - no indentation at all.

With anilin dyed leathers such as crunch and velvet, natural markings (scars, scratches, etc) in the skin often turn black/dark in the tanning process. So thats normal, yes.

Whew ... I figured that ... but was sitting here inspecting my bag CLOSELY and got worried for a minute. Thanks TE for easing my mind!

I keep a set of purse hooks in my bag at all times. Got a set of two (one gold, one silver) in a little velveteen pouch at Walgreen's for $10. :tup:

I got the same thing at bed bath and beyond! I always forget to use them though unless it's my amanda playwith cause that doesn't stand up very well... I know where my gold one is but eek gotta find the silver again and put it in my purse so I use them. Luckily most of the time I don't have to since my bags get their own shelf at work lol!

There are a few threads sticking out on most of my Tanos. I tried the match trick once on my Dandelion sexbomb but it scared the crap out of me when the thread lit up like a fuse and the flame started to travel towards the leather. None of the other threads have unraveled and now I don't even notice them nor do they bother me.